Problem installing 1.4 (full)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem installing 1.4 (full)

I formatted my comp and I downloaded 1.4 (full) again. I also downloaded UT 436 patch and installed it and ran UT. When I tried to install thievery 1.4 the following error message came up:

Installer corrupt or incomplete.

This could be the result of a failed download or corruption from a virus.

If desperate, try the /NRNC command line switch (NOT recommended).

I checked for viruses (I formatted and didn't have the net connected until this afternoon anyway). There was no problem downloading the file.

Does anyone know what I could do please?
    Night of the Werewolves II
    HarryPotterwars
    A Thief's Guide to Thievery for UT (video not complete yet)

Make a backup of UT, then run the installer with /NRNC (IE "C:\temp\Thievery14Installer.exe /NRNC"). If thievery doesn't work then, you'll have to re-download.
    ]V[]V[

Comment

What does the /NRNC do? I didn't need to use it before I formatted my computer and theivery was working then?
      HarryPotterwars

Comment

If you download TUT again, try form another site. Perhaps it is corrupted on the server you downloaded from originally?
        Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
        Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

Originally posted by Convict
          What does the /NRNC do?
          It tells your installer to ignore common sense (IE checksum) and install anyway, at your own risk ofcourse.
          And this isn't about Thievery, this is about the Thievery installer.
          ]V[]V[

Comment

I redownloaded it from Chainsaw Death and it installed properly!

The (possibly) corrupt file is from either Blueyonder Games (I think this is it) or maybe Gamers Hell. Can we somehow check if the install file is corrupt so that new players don't download a corrupt file and just give up on theivery? If one file is corrupt can we ask the web owners to fix it please (hint BA? M~2? Anyone?)
            HarryPotterwars

Comment

I doubt the file is corrupt, it was most likely a faulty download. Maybe someone could check it out? Haven't had anyone else say anything about it, and 1.4 has been out for a long time.

Comment

Working...
              X