tv-out question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tv-out question

hi all.. well, I got tv-out (my graphic card is a geforce fx 5200) and I were wondering if its possible to somehow plug the scart cable to the video instead of tv and record what you do on the computer to a vhs tape?

Im not sure if you plug scart to video? but I guess thats the only way you have to do it if this works.. say if I play tut for example, and I want to record the matches to vhs (wich would be pretty cool) ^^ .. ye so, is this possible? thanks..
    .: Infiltrator - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

www.youtube.com/user/Richard413

Your video card output is s-video which your vcr may have an input for. You will still need to figure out what to do for your sound though.
    Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

Waht I do is have a 3-way splitter that plugs into the media out on my card. Then use two sets of banana jacks for plugging the thing into the VCR's video and audio in, as if it were an X-box or DVD player. Sure, you'll have one cable left over, but it gives higher stereo and video quality than any other method i've tried. except S-video, which is as described above.
      "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Yeah, I have a Gefore 2 MX and I use an s-video cable to my camcorder and make my sound go to input on the camcorder. It's awesome! :-D
        I see no reason why it wouldn't work for a vcr that has an s-video input.
        Hmmm...my vcr dosne't have an s-video input. But my tv does. So i could make output on my tv to input on my vrc. I just use a Y adapter for my audio.

Comment

I have done this before, so... yeah. The only problem is some video cards don't let you use the monitor at the same time as the TV out, so you have to view what you're doing on the TV.
          Immortius' Forge

Comment

S-Video to Scart on your VHS, Scart to Scart from VHS to TV. You'll need the correct audio cables to connect your soundcard up too. I set this up just yesterday on mine at home, but the audio I'm leaving on my PC speakers because they are far better than the T.Vs
            ~TuF~

Comment

Aw heck, mach, just spend an extra 1500 bucks and get a BOSE home theater system like mine. Just hookedthat up to thievery the other day, and i won a game with hte screen off: you can actually hear thieves hit the ground behind you, the splat of a bolt hitting flesh sounds like it's actually right there. amazing.
              "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Working...
              X