Hurl dos program/ How to get rid of?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurl dos program/ How to get rid of?

file d/l via forum link, thought it was a music clip. Instead this stupid dos prog d/l to desktop and I can't get rid of it.
    Won't allow me to delete it.
    Before you ask , yes I ran antivirus(nothing found) ran adaware and spybot,(nothing) I tried to set my computer to an earlier time via system restore but it won't do it. Checked programs running on startup and nothing new, checked running processes and nothing seems to be amiss.
    It actually doesn't seem to be doing anything except annoying me.

When I try to delete it it gives a msg ( program cannot be deleted, program in use by another program or person, please close this program and try again) The program name at the top says Hurl. (which I would love to do to it but can't)

Help pls!

I've gotten something like that before. I think I fixed it by using system restore.
    Based on a true story.
    The prequel.

Comment

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/removereboot.html should help you out.
      Nightmaster,
      .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
      - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

Or you could try to remove it when you boot in security mode.

Comment

thx fuzzy bunny but I tried system restore and that didn't work

THANKS so much Shug, that program is like magic! How in the world you know about these offbeat little programs is beyond me.

Thank you all for your kind help. I swear this is the best forum community on the internet.

Comment

I think I've removed similar nuisances by booting into safe mode, then opening up the command prompt, killing off the Explorer task that keeps them busy and just deleting the file from the command prompt. Or maybe I first killed off the task and then got into the command prompt?
            My cats are black! How about yours?

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostly apparition
              THANKS so much Shug, that program is like magic! How in the world you know about these offbeat little programs is beyond me.
              Had some nasty run ins with this kind of thing on our computer running 98se, and the power of google COMPELLED me.

Glad I could help!
              Nightmaster,
              .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
              - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

Working...
              X