No announcement yet.

Kerio firewall ports issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After a bit of search, found software firewalls and system monitors that work under dial-up without any noticable change in ping/lag. Surely your broadband connection is better then 56k?
    Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
    Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

If we're talking overseas connections, I believe Convo himself found some significant performance problems connecting to Brodys and Crackaz. If I were to play on a local CS:S server there'd probably be no real difference. The short story is I can't be arsed installing, configuring and adding more shit to the startup group on my computer.
      Nightmaster,
      .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
      - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

I'm sick of all the issues with software firewalls (I tried reinstalling Kerio latest edition) so I just want to use the hardware firewall. What would you recommend plz?
        Night of the Werewolves II
        HarryPotterwars
        A Thief's Guide to Thievery for UT (video not complete yet)

Comment

What's your ISP, and did they supply you with a usb modem or what? You'd probably get a cheaper deal buying any 4-port router/modem that your provider supplies, and most work in pretty much the same way.
          Nightmaster,
          .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
          - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

Do you have any old computers laying around? If you'v egot some time on your hands, i'd suggest installing Linux on an old compy and sticking a bunch of NICs in it. It's what I'm using for my firewall right now, though I do have 3 others supplied by Verizon FiOS.
            "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

If he's tired of working with software firewalls, what makes you think that he'd want to run a dedicated linux box for a router?

I use a D-Link DI-604 as my hardware router, which I've never had any problems with, but I can't recommend it because I've seen a large number of problems reported.
              Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

Originally posted by Salvage
                If he's tired of working with software firewalls, what makes you think that he'd want to run a dedicated linux box for a router?
                Because even hardware firewllas need software to determine the difference between an allowed and denied access request, which is basically what linux will do for free, given the know-how to set it up.
                "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Working...
                X