Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thievery crashes --> Error Message

Hi all,

A friend of mine has problems running Thievery on his new PC.
    Everytime he plays online his Thievery crashes after a while (about 1-3 minutes). It has nothing to do with his rendering device because no matter if opengl and direct3d he gets the problems.

With the crash he gets this error message:

I think it has something to do with the network (because of the packet thing).
    So... what to do to get rid of it?

PS: During solo play (or listened multi player games) he hasn't got any problems....

Another crazy Thievery crash in the engine code. I can't wait for Nightblade.

No idea about the crash. Tried adjusting his network rate?

Comment

LOL, we've got the problem...
      It has to do with the VCore settings. He set it to 1.1V and he had the crashes. With 1.175V it ran better but still crashed (not that often but still). So he set it to 1.25V and now it works....
      Now that's weird!

Comment

If you dont want your games to crash, dont overclock your computer
        Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Comment

What processor are you using? Probably out of date, but 1.25V sounds low to me - expecting a nominal of 1.5V. Of course, the CPU runs cooler at that Vcore.
          Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
          Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

Originally posted by necros
            Or make sure the case you're building your computer into isn't a cramped one, too tight for your motherboard and stuff and causes major heating problems even without overclocking
            My cats are black! How about yours?

Comment

My bedroom never has Central Heating switched on, i have a window constantly open, and the only heating my bedroom needs to be hotter than all the other rooms in the house is my computer.

No overclocking

CPU TEMPERATURE : 60* CENTIGRADE

No overclocking
              Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Comment

No overclocking here and with the case wide open (agh, the dust!) it's 60-63 degrees depending on the usage. Case closed it crashes too quickly to bother trying. I was worried the warm weeks (luckily there aren't many around here ) would cause trouble but no, and now they're over and winter is on the way...

Comment

How can you guys get those temperatures without overclocking? My cpu is at 40º centigrade, and the Vcore is at 1.50 V. Case is closed, only one cpu fan.
                  "Spera: Ooh! Ooh! You hear that? A bird singing out amidst our desolation. It's a miracle. The miracle called supper."

--Lucifer #28, Breaking & Entering

Comment

A semi-crappy computer that's been built of unappropriate salvage parts plus a certain lack of cooling knowledge...

Comment

Originally posted by DarkLord75
                      How can you guys get those temperatures without overclocking? My cpu is at 40؛ centigrade, and the Vcore is at 1.50 V. Case is closed, only one cpu fan.
                      Going into more detail then Rad's post:
                      Many factors affect temperature. Current pulled by CPU/type of CPU, interface between CPU/Heatsink, effiecny of heatsink/fan combo, overall case airflow (blocakge, Case fan cfm and placement), ambient temperature, other heatpaths, other components inside, flow around the case outside, etc.

For example, had a steel case with plastic trim that was slightly claustrophobic inside. No good path for airflow, and the plastic was good a thermal insulator. PC temperatures would hang 60-65degC (still stable, and these where default settings), and the thing was exceptionally loud (Needed to talk over it a bit)

Set aside a little money, and got a nice, roomy aluminum case, that had better case fan locations as well as one extra case fan. Same components in the PC. Fans used in the case ran slower, and and was able to lower the CPU fan to less then half previous rpm. Although not completely silent, it is now a little quieter then the DVD drive (significant inprovement). Temperatures are about 40-45degC. Of course, aluminum conducts heat better then steel, and much better then the plastic, allowing for a degree of two of improvement there. The most significant change here though is better airflow.
                      Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
                      Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

Overclocked memory, CPU, GPU, PCIBUS, FrontsideBUS, soundcard, etc. case closed, running at 58C in Max Payne 2 with the settings all teh way up. 60C is my alarm temperature! How can you get a computer to run that hot wihout overclocking?!?

Then again, i am using a mobile processor. Thebos is right with all the points he brought up.
                        "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Originally posted by necros
                          It wasn't my PC.
                          Ehhm... He didn't overclock.. he "downgraded" his voltage....

My CPU is between 25-30°... I have 3 Fans +CPU fan
                          Front sucks air inside
                          Back blows air outside
                          Side blows on CPU fan for fresh air

Comment

Working...
                          X