• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M$ mouse problem

hello there

I've got a problem : I use the MS InteliMouse Optical 1.1A
    mouse with PS2/USB reduction. When i play a 3d game,
    mouse stops workning each cca minute for cca 2 seconds.
    ... and the game is unplayable ... thievery ut is dread ..
    i tried to use mouse without reduction, but that was the same
    installation of IntelliPoint 5.2 didn't help, too

any idas how to solve that plz ?

biggie
    hehe

You didnt say if it was USB or PS/2.

If it a USB mouse, try plugging it into a different USB port, half of mine are faulty.
    if that does not work, try using a USB>PS/2 Converter.

Did you install the drivers that came with the mouse? if so, remove them and use the ones windows XP applies on its own, see if that helps.
    Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Comment

Call Microsoft and have it replaced. Had a Wheelmouse Optical which started freaking (laser went on and off randomly) about one week after i bought it. Called MS and they sent me a new one pronto, which i use till this very day.
      My leet Thievery Map
      My leet UT3 Map
      My leet AS Map

Comment

Originally posted by Schleicher
        Call Microsoft and have it replaced. Had a Wheelmouse Optical which started freaking (laser went on and off randomly) about one week after i bought it. Called MS and they sent me a new one pronto, which i use till this very day.
        Yep, excellent guarantee!
        And about intellipoint... Remove that crap of you pc. 90% of all the usb mouse dont need drivers
        My AS2K4 map: Sulfure-SE
        And a fixed one: BehemothTournament-TE2

Comment

It's warranty in english ND. Being dutch i used to make the exact same mistake for about 5 years Nasty little differences.

It's strange your mouse works in windows but not in games. Perhaps update/reinstall directx. USB as previously said doesnt always work well, especially on older motherboards, i still have nightmares from my via-kt266 days. If it does so on ps/2 though, i'd suspect the mouse, or your software.

When did this problem appear bigfoot? Can you see any changes in the light coming from the mouse when you're having trouble?
          [THN] Gaming community - www.thehavennet.org.uk
          Proud admin of the THN AlienSwarm server #3 at 82.156.164.3:7777 and #4 at 87.117.203.96:7777. Teamspeak at: teamspeak.thehavennet.org.uk (def. port)

Comment

Originally posted by Pestcontrol
            It's warranty in english ND. Being dutch i used to make the exact same mistake for about 5 years Nasty little differences.
            erm? Damn frenchie-english dictionary!!!
            My AS2K4 map: Sulfure-SE
            And a fixed one: BehemothTournament-TE2

Comment

Maybe guarantee isn't erroneous, i've just always seen warranty used in english where the dutch language would use "garantie" when concerning a product.

From dictionary.com:

Warranty: 4: A guarantee given to the purchaser by a company stating that a product is reliable and free from known defects and that the seller will, without charge, repair or replace defective parts within a given time limit and under certain conditions.
              [Middle English warantie, from Old North French, from feminine past participle of warantir, to guarantee, from warant, warrant. See wer-4 in Indo-European Roots.]

Guarantee: 2 A: A promise or an assurance, especially one given in writing, that attests to the quality or durability of a product or service.
              [Alteration of Middle English garant, warranty, from Old French. See guaranty.]
              [THN] Gaming community - www.thehavennet.org.uk
              Proud admin of the THN AlienSwarm server #3 at 82.156.164.3:7777 and #4 at 87.117.203.96:7777. Teamspeak at: teamspeak.thehavennet.org.uk (def. port)

Comment

Originally posted by Pestcontrol
                When did this problem appear bigfoot? Can you see any changes in the light coming from the mouse when you're having trouble?
                first time it appeared when i played TUT about one week ago
                and mouse doesnt light when i'm having problem, looks like it unplugs itself :/
                and when is connected by usb, windows send messages that
                new hardware found ... each single minute
                hehe

Comment

Ya its dead, have it replaced
                  My leet Thievery Map
                  My leet UT3 Map
                  My leet AS Map

Comment

a Warranty is a Guarantee, but a Guarantee is not a Warranty.

If something has a Warranty they will replace it if it gets screwed.

If its got a guarantee, it should say somewhere what they will do if it messes up.
                    Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Comment

damn, mouse is totaly dead ( i didnt kill it )
                      now, i use computer without mouse, it's pretty funny
                      i must save up some money to buy new one
                      is there any mouse you recommend but not microsoft, plz ?
                      so far my fav is this one : http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...ONTENTID=10121
                      hehe

Comment

I have that mouse (the logitech) and it's fucking awesome. Thats my technical opinion.

The Razor Diamondback is a good one too.
                        ~TuF~

Comment

Originally posted by bigfoot
                          i must save up some money to buy new one
                          Maaan, like i said, call MS Tech Support and say "My brand new mouse is giving me shit despite being handled like an raw egg by myself, Superior Mouse Technician and Certified Mouse User who would never break one. I want a new one". Then wait for it to come per postal service and be happy. Worked for me

These so called "Gaming Mice" (OMG BRAND NEW HANDWRANGLER 857777 XXP-333 WITH ULTRA HIGH STUFF) are BS. Any decent non-wireless optical does the trick imho. I suspect some ProGam0rs jumping at me shouting "Omg N000b0r in high competition you need this, normal mice are Unpr0!" now, but meh, cant see how any mice could have disadvantages upon others until theyre like 10 years old and have all buttons yanked out. I had several types of mice and the only ones i really wouldnt take anymore are those standard 2 Button Ball mice.
                          My leet Thievery Map
                          My leet UT3 Map
                          My leet AS Map

Comment

Ive become accustomed to using wireless mice now =) pain in the ass when you forget to charge it but its nice for watching movies in bed and the likes. also having a back/forward buttons on your mouse is one of those things (like a scroll wheel) that once you go back to a mouse without them makes browsing a pain. That and YOU IS TEH UN PeR0!
                            ..it's safer here.

Comment

Depends what level you game on. If you're a pretty casual player, just get an MX510.

Schleicher's right in the fact that until about six months ago the best FPS gamers in the world all used 400DPI mice, but once you get used to a diamondback you can really tell how poor an old mouse is.

If you're a dueler or play modes of duel games like UT2k4, Quake3/4 etc, then a high end mouse will be very useful to you. If you're a low sensitivity user it's almost useless having a really top grade mouse.
                              Nightmaster,
                              .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
                              - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

Working...
                              X