Uninstalling Thievery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uninstalling Thievery

God love him, my 11 yr old son, he has downloaded Thievery UT-15 and I'm trying to remove this program from my computer. We don't have any supporting software on my computer and I cannot remove from the control panel settings (add/remove). Could someone advise?
    Nadia

You just need to delete the folder which it installed to, which defaults to C:\UnrealTournament from memory. You will also want to delete the shortcuts in the start menu.

If you need more specific instruction I will happily provide them.
    Last edited by immortius; 20 Nov 2005, 03:26 AM.
    Immortius' Forge

Comment

Or you could get the rest of the game and come play! your 11 yr old is the perfect age for DMing
      http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~mbanes...summonslue.gif

Comment

Surely if he downloaded Thievery UT, then you must have UT already?
        Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

If the number of people who download Swarm without having 2k4 is any indication...
          It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

so... how cn i ply Swarm wit Steem?

it wnt shw up on mey games list wtfzor?

-------

To remove thievery, all you really have to do is go to your UT folder (usually C:/UnrealTournament, however could be elsewhere) and delete the "Thievery" folder. go to UT/System and delete thaux.ini

Thievery UT is now removed from your computer.

-------

Although i am in no position to question your motives, surely if your child has installed, UT, then Thievery would be quite suitable for him, as TUT has nowhere near as much violence as UT has (unless your playing with certain poeple)

Thievery is quite an enjoyable mod, shame i havent played it in a while...
            Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Comment

By "no supporting software" I assume she means they don't have Unreal Tournament installed on the computer, making a Thievery installation somewhat useless.
              Nightmaster,
              .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
              - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

Surely then it would not have installed, what with umod asking where ut is....

By "no supporting software" I assume she means they don't have Unreal Tournament installed on the computer, making a Thievery installation somewhat useless.
                I thought this too, but in my experience of ut mods they(UMOD installers) sometimes(mostly in my case) dont install even if you have got UT.
                Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

Thievery isn't distributed as a umod though. It has its own installer.
                  Immortius' Forge

Comment

Originally posted by note2nadia
                    God love him, my 11 yr old son, he has downloaded Thievery UT-15 and I'm trying to remove this program from my computer. We don't have any supporting software on my computer and I cannot remove from the control panel settings (add/remove). Could someone advise?
                    Nadia
                    Obviously you care and wouldnt want him to play it, but if you dont have UT installed then there really isnt a super problem.

I might add, make sure you delete the installer that he downloaded too.
                    Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

Working...
                    X