Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• immortius
    replied
    Untested code is broken code, or so I've been informed.

Leave a comment:

• WildBill
    replied
    Make sure it's one that's supported with people actually using it, not one that's just marked supported but never tested.

Leave a comment:

• Pestcontrol
    replied
    All of them will work with linksys, as for linux, no idea. Your best bet is to check which chipsets are supported by linux and get a card (probably pci) with that chip.

Leave a comment:

• SpamSlayer
    replied
    Got a Linksys router (on sale)
    also picked up 2 usb adapters (for the wireless )

But they don't work with Linux

Ya know of a usb or pci adapter that is good and works with linksys router and linux?

(I'll update this if i find one that works)

Leave a comment:

• Pestcontrol
    replied
    When you already have a router, all you need is a wireless access point which is basically a box that makes your wire wireless and nothing else. What Baz said.

Now the thing is, an accesspoint from Linksys costs the same as a wireless router from Linksys. Additionally, Linksys is a much better brand than D-Link, the router part will probably be newer and more powerful.

Unless there is a big price difference, get the wireless Linksys router, toss the D-Link in the bin.

AP's nowadays are only needed for special purposes like bridging or repeating. When i need to install just an accesspoint somewhere, i often end up getting a wireless router and leaving the WAN port unconnected, or use it as a true IP router.

Leave a comment:

• Moses2k
    replied
    ...depending on whether or not you already have a router on your (assumedly) broadband connection.

Leave a comment:

• Baz
    replied
    well would you be replacing the D-Link rounter with the Linksys router? An access point is all you really need

Leave a comment:

• SpamSlayer
    started a topic Wireless Networking

Wireless Networking

Hi!

I'm trying to decided about a Linksys Wireless A+G access point (that will plug into current D-Link router) or a Linksys Wireless A+G router.

Anyone have any experience with wireless networking?

Which would you buy? or recommend?
Working...
X