award BIOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• award BIOS

Ok. So i got that friend of mine who got a new PC recently and he offered to give away his older mashine to me.
    The problem is that there is a password on it and its on a supervisor mode.I could realy use that cpu as a routing server insteed of my 486.
    The bios is: award modular BIOS v4.60pga , bios extension v1.0A
    i nned to remove or recover the pass, there is no battery to remove and i couldnt find anny universal password for this bios version.

So if you could help me bring that relic back to work i would greately apriciate it.
    Thank you.
    www.damarus.deviantart.com

No CMOS battery? Are you sure?
    Nightmaster,
    .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
    - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

sometimes there are 2 pins u can short that resets the bios u need to look at mboard manual to find how
      also known as mega ,On the internet, everyone can hear you scream - it's just that no-one cares.except moses{also been known to use rapidfire}was also here before fuzzy and moses

Comment

All you need to do, is download an update, and flash update the bios

Barring that, i have a nice little EXE that will crack the bios password from Windows if you want it... id link you to the webside but i forgot where it was
        Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Comment

There WILL be a battery, and there will be a CMOS reset jumper on the MoBo, google the serial number to get a manual and find out where it is
          ~TuF~

Comment

Originally posted by TheMachine
            There WILL be a battery, and there will be a CMOS reset jumper on the MoBo, google the serial number to get a manual and find out where it is
            Quite, and if that fails, there's always this. (...which appears to be broken since I last checked it )

Comment

Thank you for all the reply, quick jumper operation solved the problem.
              Manny thanx again.
              www.damarus.deviantart.com

Comment

A bit late but maybe useful to bookmark:
                http://www.elfqrin.com/docs/biospw.html

Comment

Working...
                X