I'm registered on THN too Both TS servers in fact
    Based on a true story.
    The prequel.

Comment

As am i.
      Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

Originally posted by bigfoot
        btw, i'm planning to buy a mic, but i'm shy and afraid u will laugh at me :/
        I have NO clue if you're serious or not ... and it doesn't matter really. But it does remind me of my first experience with a teamspeak like program. Roger wilco was used a lot in the game I played (Tactical Ops ... the cs for UT, but better). Eventhough they spoke in my own language, Dutch, I only said a few words and lines per day. Eventually I started talking more and more, but I was still nerveus...
        On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Originally posted by PhaeThorn
          Tactical Ops ... the cs for UT, but better
          He speaks the truth!
          Based on a true story.
          The prequel.

Comment

I remember the first time I got you on teamspeak, Phae. You refused to speak, and then just made short, anti-social growling noises. Finally, a few days later, you began to open up, and gave me a few thief quotes in a voice that was, I think, at least an octave deeper than your normal voice (which is pretty damn deep as it is!)

I'd be chattering away, begging you to speak, and you'd just make hissing noises...that was classic

Comment

I hesitated using my voice in halflife at first, too. it's a strange sort of feeling ashamed for talking out loud whilst not being on the phone.

All fine now though, i even sing!
              [THN] Gaming community - www.thehavennet.org.uk
              Proud admin of the THN AlienSwarm server #3 at 82.156.164.3:7777 and #4 at 87.117.203.96:7777. Teamspeak at: teamspeak.thehavennet.org.uk (def. port)

Comment

You and ND should get a two part harmony going.

Comment

I might have a recording of NoData singing on TS floating around my hardrive somewhere...
                  Based on a true story.
                  The prequel.

Comment

Tell me people, do you have a fancy headphones+microphone headset at home? If I (at some point) want to speak on TS, I always have to take the microphone to my other hand and try to speak with this little...shit, which makes me totally unable to move

Just thinking that headphones don't work+microphone is half useless=headphones+microphone set get
                    The *mean French look* haunts...everywhere.

Look mom, I double A'd Moses -2kmix- heavy

Comment

I wouldn't call it fancy, but I do have a headset...
                      Based on a true story.
                      The prequel.

Comment

I used to have a hacked headset from a cellphone combined with half-decent earplugs, then i shelled out €60 for a proper sennheiser. I expect this thing to last me the rest of my life however. The quality of the microphone is important to me, directional and noise cancelling makes all the difference. I think it's worth it. Especially when you consider what people spend on products like graphics cards that age to obsoletion in just a few years, it really isn't a bad buy.
                        [THN] Gaming community - www.thehavennet.org.uk
                        Proud admin of the THN AlienSwarm server #3 at 82.156.164.3:7777 and #4 at 87.117.203.96:7777. Teamspeak at: teamspeak.thehavennet.org.uk (def. port)

Comment

I've got my headphones, which I love.

As far as the mic goes, I'm using one I bought for $5 seven or eight years ago. I've only needed to cut the wire open and fix it twice! Anyway, the sound quality seems to be just fine (unless someone who hears me on TS begs to differ?)
                          It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dragon
                            I remember the first time I got you on teamspeak, Phae. You refused to speak, and then just made short, anti-social growling noises. Finally, a few days later, you began to open up, and gave me a few thief quotes in a voice that was, I think, at least an octave deeper than your normal voice (which is pretty damn deep as it is!)

I'd be chattering away, begging you to speak, and you'd just make hissing noises...that was classic
                            Either I blocked that out of my memory .... or that didn't happen .... but I do make "odd noises" every now and then

The first time I used teamspeak In thievery was with my guildies from TsG. We had omega and modetwo and mog and nachimir .... and Bill. Though Bill never did speak much, he always had his excuses ready NOT to speak. Aaaah somethings never change do they?

Originally posted by Phantaloz
                            Tell me people, do you have a fancy headphones+microphone headset at home? If I (at some point) want to speak on TS, I always have to take the microphone to my other hand and try to speak with this little...shit, which makes me totally unable to move

Just thinking that headphones don't work+microphone is half useless=headphones+microphone set get
                            Yah, I used the "hold in my hand and be unable to move about in the game" microphone in the beginning too. HEck, when my headphone's mic died I went back to that old ( macintosh ) microphone for atleast 2 months. Though I was getting used to it, so I could play and talk at the same time
                            On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Yeah, i bought me some $300 headphones, but it turns out that the sound quality isn't needed for Thievery- the game's sound output isn't good enough. On the other hand, it's wonderful for music.
                              "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

What was the model Rad for those headphones Rad?
                                Night of the Werewolves II
                                HarryPotterwars
                                A Thief's Guide to Thievery for UT (video not complete yet)

Comment

Working...
                                X