XP Pro Startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XP Pro Startup

Hey, i just got a new pc with amd processor, and its running 32 bit regular windows xp pro;

When the pc starts up, it doesnt go to the select user* screen, and when it does reach(hmmm, wrong word it is quick) windows the program files folder is always open on the desktop, basicly how do i set it to go to th welcome screen and select users and how do i stop program files coming up, oh and its not in the startup folder.

*I only set 1 user with no password.

Thanks
    Alien Swarm Map List

Control Panel -> Users : You need the option "Change the way users Login".

Unsure why your getting "program files" on the desktop, what files are within it?

You can change every default windows folder in the registry, you can do it manually, or I use TweakXPPro.
    ~TuF~

Comment

Originally posted by TheMachine
      Control Panel -> Users : You need the option "Change the way users Login".

Unsure why your getting "program files" on the desktop, what files are within it?

You can change every default windows folder in the registry, you can do it manually, or I use TweakXPPro.
      TweakXP Pro ftw
      I'd Be More Apathetic... If I Wasn't So Lethargic

Comment

Thanks, change in what way?
        Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

I prefer single user system, but you can set up a multiple user one by Users Accounts in control panel.

As for program files folder appearing when it starts up, there is a setting in Windows to remember what folders were open when you shut down. If you go to Folder Options, View tab, and check "Restore previous folder windows at logon" in the advanced settings. Is that what you mean?

Comment

That was one thing, and that appears to be on, but the program files somes up when i shutdown with everything closed.
            Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

I don't understand what is happening from your posts, could you please explain in more detail?
              ~TuF~

Comment

I use WinXP Pro as well
                Your order has been dispatched!

Comment

He seems to have a Single-User win XP installation, that for some reason, when told to shut down, brings up program files.

He seems to want a Multi-User Login, but with only one account, and to stop program files coming up when shut down.
                  Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Comment

Originally posted by necros
                    He seems to have a Single-User win XP installation, that for some reason, when told to shut down, brings up program files.

He seems to want a Multi-User Login, but with only one account, and to stop program files coming up when shut down.

Sorry didnt realise i was so vague, program files comes up when i turn the pc on, yet it isnt in the start up folder, and the problem carth mentioned a fix for, which i have yet to try as i have not been on it today. I see the mutliuser login screen on all my mates pc's even though they all use 1 pw'd/or non pw'd logon.
                    Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

have you by any chance created a shortcut to prog files by mistake
                      also known as mega ,On the internet, everyone can hear you scream - it's just that no-one cares.except moses{also been known to use rapidfire}was also here before fuzzy and moses

Comment

Ok, so when you boot up your getting an explorer window opening in the folder c:\program files\ ?

Have you tried running MSCONFIG and checking the startup items?
                        ~TuF~

Comment

I didnt know there was a startup config other than the startupfolder. thanks
                          Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

nope, it isnt there.
                            Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

Program files still comes up :'(
                              Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

Working...
                              X