No announcement yet.

XP Pro Startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could you screenshot the screen when you boot up Killer? then post it here?

Also, screens or lists of what is in your startup list and process list (CTRL-ALT-DEL -> Taskmanager -> Processess) after a fresh boot could allow people here to try and help you further.
    Last edited by Machine; 24 Aug 2006, 05:39 AM.
    ~TuF~

Comment

This is a shot from the pc's start up before I closed anything.
      Attached Files
      Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

Hmmm, are you absolutely sure that was a list from a fresh boot?

If so why is IEXPORE and WMPlayer in that list? They really shouldn't be there if you've jsut booted.

Loving the asus mobo and the logitech mouse
        ~TuF~

Comment

I added WMP, because i use it all the time to listen to radio, IE, no idea.

Logitech G5
          Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

Ok, if your not seeing an IE window, or indeed if you do not use IE then you could be lookin at a virus.

Originally posted by wintasks
            Note: iexplore.exe is also registered as the Trojan.KillAV.B and W32.Mogi virus, which systematically attempts to disable your AntiVirus solutions, lower system security and also affects some windows system tools. This is a registered security risk and should be removed immediately.

Note: iexplore.exe is also a process which is registered as the [email protected] mass mailing worm. This virus is distributed via the Internet through e-mail and comes in the form of an e-mail message, in the hopes that you open it’s hostile attachment. The worm has it’s own SMTP engine which means it gathers E-mails from your local computer and re-distributes itself. In worst cases this worm can allow attackers to access your computer, stealing passwords and personal data. It is a registered security risk and should be removed immediately.
            I'd certainly suggest looking at finding out what it is and removing it, even if it isn't the virus. Google the IEXPLORE process some more and find out what other symtoms your looking for.
            ~TuF~

Comment

Well the iexpore problem exists on the other pcs on our network and is definitely the thing you speak of, but i blocked all network ips other than the router so i dont think i got it there, its probably some xp initialiseation thing, i spent hours trying to find out what that iexpore crap was on the other pc, maybe your link wil, help.

Edit, no as usual the only way to fix that iexplore problem is to buy "that" program, is that the only fix in the world or something.
              Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

Unsure what to suggest really, keep googling if you think you can fix it, or maybe consider backign up your valubles and starting anew :-/ not perfect but a clean slate is always good to start with.
                ~TuF~

Comment

Nah, on my new pc i think wmp or something was using IE to access the internet, or an ie plugin, on the other computer it is as you speak, thing is no matter where i go, everywhere says "buy wintaskes pro" nope, i think id rather reformat. not my pc anyway

Edit: This doesnt not help remove program files from startup.
                  Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

Can you show a screenshot of what boots in msconfig? Under the startup tab.
                    ~TuF~

Comment

TBH, you probably won't have to reformat... if you do a "repair" installation, then reapply service pack 2... that should get rid of any virus crap you have. It's worked for me in the past when windows has fucked up, but only slightly.

Also, if you do a "repair", you won't lose all your settings or files... it just reinstalls Windows files.
                      Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Comment

My old computer is xp home sp1.
                        Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

Working...
                        X