Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too bad US is still using that sorry excuse for a voltage

x2 Current = omgbad
    Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Comment

Originally posted by necros
      Too bad US is still using that sorry excuse for a voltage

x2 Current = omgbad
      LOL we would have changed.. but we were too far ahead technically than the rest of the world... with high priced appliances like wash machines and electric stoves in our houses by the 50's and 60's. I guess it bit us in the ass.
      I'd Be More Apathetic... If I Wasn't So Lethargic

Comment

My electrickory is ebtter then youre electrikcory!1!1!44114/.,1/.4,13!$$!$%!%!
        YOU AM SUCK!
        ..it's safer here.

Comment

Well tbh a mandatory ground pin doesn't make that much sense for simple devices that don't have any metal casing the current might leak to. Legislation has changed also, i think newly built homes have grounded sockets everywhere (the house i live in only has a few of them: The washing machine, the central heating/geyser room and the kitchen, that's it). Devices get certain kinds of plugs based on their wattage and design. And not all plugs fit.

Aren't UK plugs required to have fuses in each and every single one of them, too?
          [THN] Gaming community - www.thehavennet.org.uk
          Proud admin of the THN AlienSwarm server #3 at 82.156.164.3:7777 and #4 at 87.117.203.96:7777. Teamspeak at: teamspeak.thehavennet.org.uk (def. port)

Comment

I've never seen any without one
            ..it's safer here.

Comment

That's because they only introduced electricity into Ireland in 1982.
              [THN] Gaming community - www.thehavennet.org.uk
              Proud admin of the THN AlienSwarm server #3 at 82.156.164.3:7777 and #4 at 87.117.203.96:7777. Teamspeak at: teamspeak.thehavennet.org.uk (def. port)

Comment

Peat Bog Power > All
                ..it's safer here.

Comment

Originally posted by Baz
                  My electrickory is ebtter then youre electrikcory!1!1!44114/.,1/.4,13!$$!$%!%!
                  YOU AM SUCK!
                  Yoo r just jellus becuz
                  My Electrickory > your electrickory

Comment

Have you tried installing a second jack in your pants?

Comment

Id be worried the electrickery would interfere with microphone jack
                      ..it's safer here.

Comment

Forget the sofa, the outlet and the protecto-gizmo, it's your apartment that's incompatible, time to move! You might be even lucky enough to trash the sofa in the process, making life so much easier.
                        My cats are black! How about yours?

Comment

LOL thx.. my new house and my brand new sofa.. lets trash em all! We just need to invent appliances that work by inductance or super duper batteries that are the size of AAA but can power a refrigerator for 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Pestcontrol
                            Well tbh a mandatory ground pin doesn't make that much sense for simple devices that don't have any metal casing the current might leak to. Legislation has changed also, i think newly built homes have grounded sockets everywhere (the house i live in only has a few of them: The washing machine, the central heating/geyser room and the kitchen, that's it). Devices get certain kinds of plugs based on their wattage and design. And not all plugs fit.

Aren't UK plugs required to have fuses in each and every single one of them, too?
                            The plugs? Indeedy. Not the wall sockets, but the plugs yes.

Comment

Have you tried outsourcing your jacks off to a third party?

Comment

Working...
                              X