Guildwars and ICS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guildwars and ICS

Does anyone here who plays guild wars do so over Internet Connection Sharing through LAN?

For some reason, when i load guildwars, i can start it fine, log in, but whenever i attempt to go anywhere (like into an area) i simply get a loading screen, saying it has 100% loaded, and hangs there. By hang i dont mean the program crashed, it is fine, the background music for that area plays and the program responds, but it just sticks at 100% loaded, never actually letting me into the area.

Also, whenever there is an update, it cannot download it, it simply says downloading update: 0KB and does not download any data.

Any suggestions? Things to try or check to find out where the problem is?

Thanks
    Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

I'd be happy to blame it on ICS and recommend you set up a real network (you are using cable/dsl, right?)

That being said, I've played guildwars via ICS a couple of times, and it works fine. If everything else works like it should, I have no idea where to start...
    It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

We have it on a LAN and can run it fine...
      used to have D-Link DI-604 (worked fine with this one)
      now we have a Linksys Wireless WRT54GS (this is from memory but i think thats the #)

We can run on 2 computers at same time too, set up of both computers:
      1st computer:
      Pentium 4
      Radeon 8500 video card
      512 MB ram
      Windows XP Home

2nd computer:
      AMD Athlon 2600
      nVidia 5700 video card
      512 MB ram
      Windows XP Home

I don't think theres anything under the router that has any GW ports, try looking under your windows firewall exceptions (if the firewall is on) if ur not using windows firewall check whatever other protection you have on
      SSSSSPPPPPAAAAAMMMMM 44444 EEEEEVVVVVEEEEEAAAAA!!!!!

Comment

TCP and UDP port 6112 (guild wars port, apparrently) are allowed, but still not working.

Guildwars works when it is directly connected, and it also works on the computer that is directly connected.

It also lets me log in and do stuff, so data is being transferred...

there must be one thing that it isn't letting it do...

my setup is

1st Computer: (Directly Connected)
        AMD Duron 1.2Ghz
        Radeon 9600 Video Card
        512 MB RAM
        Windows 2000 Server

2nd Computer: (On Network)
        AMD Athlon 2600
        Radeon X800 GT Video Card
        1.25GB RAM
        Windows XP Pro
        Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Comment

Hmm...seems that my router is set up for GW, guess it used same ports as httpd and Warcraft sorry for misinformation:

http://support.plaync.com/cgi-bin/pl...i=&p_topview=1

"Guild Wars requires that both TCP port 6112 and TCP port 80 are fully unrestricted and accessible inbound and out."
          SSSSSPPPPPAAAAAMMMMM 44444 EEEEEVVVVVEEEEEAAAAA!!!!!

Comment

I have opened 6112 and 80, TCP and UDP; Still the same problem :|

Also, that page won't load, it gets stuck at transfering data from support.plaync.com (maybe linked to the problem)
            but i dont see how as all other websites seem to load fine without problem.

Does windows 2000 come with a built in firewall as XP does?

Comment

I used to get this problem during the beta weekends of guildwars but it since went away. I think Agga and Immort had a similar problem when starting new maps... unsure how they minimised / resolved the problem tho.
              ~TuF~

Comment

Hmm, i forwarded 6112 and 80 but still no avail;

at last, i tried to go to the guild wars support site, and found that i could not access plaync.com at all (if i'm not mistaken, it is also those servers that Guild Wars uses).

The computer directly connected can go to plaync.com, however none of the ones behind it can load the website for any reason... firefox simply sits on "waiting for www.plaync.com" i have also had the same problem with "messenger.msn.com"

to be honest i don't see any connection between the two, but why would i not be able to go to their sites behind router?

Comment

Working...
                X