No announcement yet.

Oblivion upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, i've got an Nforce4 board, which is said to have problems with Sapphire Radeons, especially on ASUS boards (which i've got). The X1600PRO is pretty mcuh what i'm looking ofr, though. Anything else you'd suggest though? I'm not sure I want to take tha chance on a hundred and fufty bucks...
    "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

well, my ASUS board is fine with Radeons...

unless your talking about the Nforce chip on the Asus being the problem...
      but i wouldnt know cause i have a SiS chip...
      Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Comment

I don't know how, but it seems I missed the Sapphire brand of Radeons. My bad.

Anyway, Sapphires seem to be a little stronger than the rest, and a little less expensive as well. Makes it difficult to choose between that and one of the Geeforce series.
        "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Ok Scorptec has stopped selling that AGP XFX 6800GS. The closest they have is a 6600 or a 7800 (~$500).

Does anyone else know of a good online shop in Australia to get video cards from? I am looking at getting the 6800GS/GT and I want to pay about $300 and something for it.
          Night of the Werewolves II
          HarryPotterwars
          A Thief's Guide to Thievery for UT (video not complete yet)

Comment

Originally posted by Athelstone
            I want to buy this while it's cheap, because I need a new graphics card for Oblivion too (I'm still using a Geforce4ti4600 DX8). I want to stick to AGP, because I can't afford a full-on upgrade at this time. I just want a good video card.

What do you guys think of this? From overclockers.co.uk:

Sapphire X1600 Pro 512MB DDR2 AVIVO TV-Out/DVI (AGP) - Retail (GX-120-SP)