Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Radamanthus
    How's that for custom-made words?
    Surprisingly, the core words you used to make that post were spelled correctly. You should make up words more often!
    I'd Be More Apathetic... If I Wasn't So Lethargic

Comment

Interesting, my 9800 pro already has it's own power connector. Any specific reason or hardware modding site that made you do this, Radamanthus? I'm always keen for effective hardware mods.

BTW, Wouldn't it be rather obvious a radeon has an ATI chip?
      [THN] Gaming community - www.thehavennet.org.uk
      Proud admin of the THN AlienSwarm server #3 at 82.156.164.3:7777 and #4 at 87.117.203.96:7777. Teamspeak at: teamspeak.thehavennet.org.uk (def. port)

Comment

Yes, it does already have one power input connector, but mine now has an added one, making two total. There wasn't any hardware site that I followed. Rather, my older brother is a computer hardware major in college, and used it for his placement exam. Took him months to work on it, combining little tricks he found all over, though mostly from GenMay. i followed his instructions, and let him do most of the tiny soldering connections. When he upgraded his video card two months ago, he let me keep this rather than the permanant borrowing.

and KAM, overclockingness isn't the right word for it. Rather, it's overclockability, which sound just as bad.
        "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Originally posted by necros
          Well, i got a Radeon X800 GTO² AGP, cause i could afford it...
          This may interest you then, necros: http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/.../vidcard/127/2
          Nightmaster,
          .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
          - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

*bump*

I estimate that I have about £90 to spend, as a budget limit. Not quite a nice round target, but good nevertheless.

Comment

How many forums did you post this on?
              [THN] Gaming community - www.thehavennet.org.uk
              Proud admin of the THN AlienSwarm server #3 at 82.156.164.3:7777 and #4 at 87.117.203.96:7777. Teamspeak at: teamspeak.thehavennet.org.uk (def. port)

Comment

Technically I've asked on three, but I asked on the first one ages ago.

Comment

Working...
                X