dual monitor software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dual monitor software

Well, I've finally taken the plunge into the world of dual monitors.

I'm using a Radeon X800XT with 2 CRTs: a 22" flatscreen mitsubishi diamond pro 2060u, and a rather crappy 17" Dell generic-type. The point of the exercise is this: I've begun to play competitive lan counter-strike and due to the nature of the game, sensitivity is effected by the size of the monitor coupled with refresh rate and resolution. So going from a 22" at home to a 17" on lan is a bit tricky and takes some time to get used to. I decided I'd play purely on a 17" at home to do myself a favour.

With that in mind, I've connected both up and the only options Radeon's Catalyst Centre gives me are to basically extend my windows desktop across, which looks utterly ridiculous given I'm running 1600x1200 on one and 800x600 on the other.

So I'm wondering, what kind of software does anybody here use on top of Nvidia/Radeon drivers? Is there any way I can have CS automatically load @ 800x600 on the 17" monitor, or do I have to fool the monitor into working by windowing the game and dragging it across?

Any info would be great.
    Nightmaster,
    .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
    - "until the cat is skinned"

Turn a monitor off when you are about to turn pc on?

Some games can detect your gfx card as 2 monitors, GC1, UT2004(it does cus sometimes when launching from editor gfx card comes up twice), max payne, and others, and you'd set it to the card for the monitor you want, hl2 dev console must have something for it.

gives me are to basically extend my windows desktop across, which looks utterly ridiculous
    I am also intrested what other options there are other than extended desktop. (i run 2 19" @ [email protected] & [email protected]) Extended from right too left.
    Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

You can use keyboard shortcuts and the likes that come with the drivers to flip the displays.
      ..it's safer here.

Comment

when i tried dual screening the desktop was stretched, but the game only apeared in a single screen
        http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/t...isoldier28.png

Comment

Originally posted by PsiSoldier28
          when i tried dual screening the desktop was stretched, but the game only apeared in a single screen
          If you want games on both screens you need to run in windowed mode and stretch the window across.. There maybe other gmaes that natively support fullscreen across multiple monitors, but i dunno which.
          I'd Be More Apathetic... If I Wasn't So Lethargic

Comment

ms flight sim?
            Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

who wants to play MS flight sim when you can play MS space sim!
              http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/t...isoldier28.png

Comment

You need ultramon.

Comment

Indeed; I got my hands on it a few days ago and it's working well
                  Nightmaster,
                  .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
                  - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

Exactly what I was going to suggest, Ultramon has served me well for the past couple of years.

Welcome to the dual desktop word! Don't forget your wallpapers!
                    ~TuF~

Comment

I wish the guy would release version 3 already, it's taking frekkin' ages.

Comment

What has version 3 got?
                        ~TuF~

Comment

Loads of new features and improvements.

The main thing I can't wait for is the ability to put quick menus on the secondary task-bar and the other thing is secondary system tray.

Comment

Ahh yes, having the clock on the far right would be great for when your in games. Currently I have TS on one window and the game in the other, sometimes I open up the clock and drag it accross just to see the time.
                            ~TuF~

Comment

Working...
                            X