Pc Lockups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pc Lockups

pc keeps locking up only when playing swarm it seems to be seeking secondary drive then hangs i do have 2 drives primary is ide second 1 is sata any helpfull hints would be welcome
    also known as mega ,On the internet, everyone can hear you scream - it's just that no-one cares.except moses{also been known to use rapidfire}was also here before fuzzy and moses

Disconnect one of the drives (whichever one doesn't have windows on it, obviously), install Swarm on the remaining one if it's not on there already and see if it still happens. Not sure what you'd do if that does turnb out to be the problem, but at least you'd know what it was....

Comment

also, try turning off the powersaving mode that turns the HD off after X minute, it may by hanging on turning the HD back on
      Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Comment

Originally posted by necros
        also, try turning off the powersaving mode that turns the HD off after X minute, it may by hanging on turning the HD back on

woah! that happens? my comp keeps freezing after i let it go into sleep sometimes. gotta turn that thing off now to see if it still happens...
        This is my cool sig.

Comment

Yeah, depending on ur settings, windows will turn ur monitor off after X minutes, HD's off after X minutes, S3 after X Minutes, and S4 after X Minutes (if enabled)...

whereas Monitor is dependant on mouse moving or anything, HD is just dependant on whether its been accessed, so if its not used for ages, then it will turn off.

S3 and S4 obviously turn HD off.
          Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Comment

ive set it to never turn the HDDs off
            http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/t...isoldier28.png

Comment

Working...
            X