Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to clean the registry (without formatting)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't help my problem.
    It's my new connection. It sucks. The ping is really jumpy at the start (and after that when it's settled when it feels like it again it seems )
    Apart from that I think installing the S3TC textures from the 2nd UT CD and then overwriting them with the normal ones somehow took a hit at my FPS.
    Don't wanna reinstall UT, though. Just have installed INF with all its maps and bonus stuff before(numerous & huge stuff!).
    AlienMode ThieveryUT adaption
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
    Life is a bitch, then you get cancer. One story is good till another is told.

Comment

Iirc the extra textures on the second CD are high-res versions, could pose a problem for some really really really OLLLLLD (sorry man ) PC's. Id actually recommend making a collection of all the Bonus Maps/Mods/etc and burning it to a CD so you can quickly bring a UT (or UT2004) installation up to date. I can tell from by BSOD plagued Win 98 days

One more vote for Jv16 Powertools
      My leet Thievery Map
      My leet UT3 Map
      My leet AS Map

Comment

The high res texture files include the normal textures also. If your card doesn't support s3tc/dxtc, it'll still work fine.
        Anyway, you'd have to be running TNT-2/Voodoo5/Matrox G400 class hardware, really really old.
        [THN] Gaming community - www.thehavennet.org.uk
        Proud admin of the THN AlienSwarm server #3 at 82.156.164.3:7777 and #4 at 87.117.203.96:7777. Teamspeak at: teamspeak.thehavennet.org.uk (def. port)

Comment

Actually the S3TC textures run fine (on TNT2 and GeForceFX5200) it was only in Infiltration I'd get the skating (i.e. not animating) player models problem which is a known issue with S3TC textures online ( UTDC or some other cheat protection might be causing it).
          The use of that compression could actually speed things up and it's damn leet.
          There's a retexture project for all of old Unreal going on.. now if those guys would be TUT lovers, too..
          AlienMode ThieveryUT adaption
          Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
          Life is a bitch, then you get cancer. One story is good till another is told.

Comment

I know about the Unreal retexturing project, and knowing the community, it's highly unlikely it'll extend to UT. It all started when someone wrote a little program to make UT's high-res textures Unreal-compatible (Unreal supported dxtc since version 224), it's really being made for Unreal.
            [THN] Gaming community - www.thehavennet.org.uk
            Proud admin of the THN AlienSwarm server #3 at 82.156.164.3:7777 and #4 at 87.117.203.96:7777. Teamspeak at: teamspeak.thehavennet.org.uk (def. port)

Comment

Working...
            X