Oblivion Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oblivion Error

This application has failed to start because d3dx9_27.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
    It wont let me play!!!!! Im running a radeon x600 256 mb 2 gigs of ram 3.4 Intel Inside processor
    If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe - Carl Sagan

Do you have the latest version of DirectX installed?

Are you sure?

Comment

Yeah i fixed that problem but the sound doesnt work!!!
      If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe - Carl Sagan

Comment

Best hit it to Google then!

Comment

If its warez then i suggest getting a NODVD Patch.
          Also, make sure, some stuff doesnt work if you move the exectuable file to your desktop so you can play it, So, i just make a shortcut to the exectuable, you should of known that. But just incase.

If its now warez, then, well, Uninstall, Restart, Install into new Directory, and make a shortcut to the exectuable.
          Your order has been dispatched!

Comment

reinstall oblovion
            sounds like you lost some system files along the way and if all else fails, glue some harddrives to your monitor
            ..it's safer here.

Comment

/sigh ill check google and see what happens...

Comment

Originally posted by Baz
                reinstall oblovion
                sounds like you lost some system files along the way and if all else fails, glue some harddrives to your monitor
                also, don't forget to place a piece of A4 paper with "COMPUTER MAGIC" written on it in yellow marker under your bed tonight, with the top of the sheet of paper pointing East.

Comment

Not sure about your sound problem, but your original error can be fixed by running the directx setup on the DVD.
                  Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

Both problems=fixxed... Thanks guys!

Comment

Pshaw Oblivion

Hmmm I just got oblivion, and it seems that with bloom off and hdr off I still cant run the game on very high of settings, I just bought a brand spanking new computer and the only thing that I can think of would be my video card.... Should my game be able to run beautifuly with
                      2 GB of ram 3.4 intel pentium processor, a radeon x600 256mb video card.... what do you guys think?
                      :edit: oh also, are there any ini settings that would make the game run faster w/o effecting the beautiful world or the gameplay?

Comment

Merged the new thread into this one, don't really need a new thread for every small issue...
                        It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

right, sorry, i just figured after i said the problem was fixed that no one would look at the thread ^^.

Comment

Bullet for your performance I can suggest the following :

Turn Specular down to about 20% - this kills my machine on 100%

Internal and external shadows down to around 30% and 10% respectively.

In your Oblivion.ini search and replace the following :
                            Code:
                            [Grass]
                            iMinGrassSize=120
                            Also in the other thread Donator said the following :

Originally posted by Donator
                            - screen resolution has practically no impact on framerates, at least on the lower end. You'll hardly notice an improvement in performance if you go below 1024x768 with modern video cards, but it sure will look twice as shitty on 640x480.

- checking the ini, I discovered that Oblivion had until now deliberately ignored my 1GB of RAM (see 'iPreloadSizeLimit'), and only used 256MB of it to preload. Altering this value had a quite impressive effect.
                            Other than that the x600 is an old card now, "the first PCE ATI card" if the review I found was accurate. The rest of your computer speciifications are decent, but you've jsut given a titan a toothpick to attack with by keeping your GFX card in there.
                            ~TuF~

Comment

Originally posted by Bulletstopper
                              Hmmm I just got oblivion, and it seems that with bloom off and hdr off I still cant run the game on very high of settings, I just bought a brand spanking new computer and the only thing that I can think of would be my video card.... Should my game be able to run beautifuly with
                              2 GB of ram 3.4 intel pentium processor, a radeon x600 256mb video card.... what do you guys think?
                              :edit: oh also, are there any ini settings that would make the game run faster w/o effecting the beautiful world or the gameplay?
                              The x600 is a veeeery slow card. It's a low price model, and is only meant to do the most basic stuff with. Not a gaming card.

Comment

Working...
                              X