Windows Movie Maker v2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by necros
    Most videos you see on the internet are 320x240. 800x600 would generate a HUGE file. The loss in quality is most likely due to the artefacting and compression to get a low file size, at such a huge resolution
    Interestingly I've been watching some videos which are 1280x720, but are only 220MBs for a 25 minutes. This is compared to 175MBs for 25 minutes of 640x480 which I was used to.

This seems to be the result of the use of the h264 codec. And before you go on about it having loss quality in compression - I haven't noticed any such issues. Indeed, the quality is better than some DVDs I have.
    Immortius' Forge

Comment

Originally posted by immortius
      This seems to be the result of the use of the h264 codec. And before you go on about it having loss quality in compression - I haven't noticed any such issues. Indeed, the quality is better than some DVDs I have.
      must be a PDG codec :p

can't say iv'e seen any videos with it... care to linkage (of course unless illegitimate )
      Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Comment

I'm going to make what I have done so far into a movie file - it says that it will be 36 Mb for the approx 4 min I have done so far.

The display size says 720 x 576 pixels??? I recorded in 800 x 600. ????
        Night of the Werewolves II
        HarryPotterwars
        A Thief's Guide to Thievery for UT (video not complete yet)

Comment

Working...
        X