RAM questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAM questions

Hey there, hoping someone here can answer a couple questions I have about RAM.

I just bought 2 gigs of 667 MHZ ram, installed it, and when I check CPU-Z, it says they are 333MHZ.
    Because its DDR2 is it adding them together, or am I missing something.

Also, the ram I got is supposed to be good for overclocking by raising the voltage, but I have no idea how to do this...can anyone rudely shove me in the right direction? In fact, I can't even find my RAM's voltage.

So if anyone can help me with this stuff, or with anything else related, please do!

Thanks guys!

-Garlisk
    Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
    www.usyetzer.com

sounds about right ddr runs at a double rate, so its 333 actual, 667 effective.
    ..it's safer here.

Comment

Yup, and to add to the confusion, the actual memory core runs at 166MHz

Increasing the voltage on the memory is a BIOS option, your motherboard may or may not have memory voltage controls. Only the better, enthousiast oriented boards do.

Anyway, i doubt you will see much benefit from overclocking the memory further, as it already offers much more bandwidth than your CPU's FSB can take, then again i may be wrong as i'm not very familiar with the recent intel chipsets.
      [THN] Gaming community - www.thehavennet.org.uk
      Proud admin of the THN AlienSwarm server #3 at 82.156.164.3:7777 and #4 at 87.117.203.96:7777. Teamspeak at: teamspeak.thehavennet.org.uk (def. port)

Comment

Working...
      X