AVI to DVD.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AVI to DVD.

I'm currently using a pretty basic piece of software called quite imaginatively "AVItoDVD Pro" it does manage to convert most AVI clips to DVD so they can be watched on a standard DVD player.

My problem is that this bit of software offers me no scaling on the avi clips, so at the moment I can fit 2 400 meg avis on a DVD, but the third JUST drops off the end, if I could scale it down a bit then I could get all 3 one. Also, I'm unable to create animated menus or control where the dvd menu starts (the first clip just "starts")

I need a piece of software that is able to create dvd titles, menus, if possible scale the AVI to a particular size on the DVD to optimise how many clips I can get on.

Freeware or otherwise, no preference. Just names of pieces of software that anyone here may have used and found to be featureful and reliable.

Cheers
    Last edited by Machine; 7 Jun 2006, 04:26 AM.
    ~TuF~

Nero 6 and up
    Your order has been dispatched!

Comment

No, thats not what I meant. I've actually just got hold of DvDit which I'm trying out tonight.
      ~TuF~

Comment

Surely your own legally purchased avi movies

Comment

True, MB, but does that also include home movies? How about VHS tapes?

I, too, am interested. I had been using the DivX conversion program but, quite honestly, it sucks balls. for the fourteen hours it takes to do one movie.
          "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

I'm actually encoding TV shows for my GF. But yes MB you big pirate head, it can be home movies too!

DVDit Pro is actually very good, the menu creation system is very neat and there are many examples. Quite flexible. it can burn direct to an ISO too which I've not seen before. Going to test the image I did tonight.
            ~TuF~

Comment

I've been looking for a program like you're mentioning right now. Tell me if it works allright.

Comment

DVDit Pro did a remarkable job. Burning worked jsut fine, can have animated menus / transistions, add music to menus etc.. very good. Problem solved.
                ~TuF~

Comment

Looking intiothe program now, thank you ever so much, mach and folks!

for new smilies
                  "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

TheMachine

Originally posted by TheMachine
                    DVDit Pro is actually very good, the menu creation system is very neat and there are many examples. Quite flexible. it can burn direct to an ISO too which I've not seen before. Going to test the image I did tonight.

every time I try to place a movie (no matter the original format or size) into a new project, it tells me the movie is 4 or 5 Gb too big for the DVD. Did you run into this?

Comment

Yeah, go into project settings and reduce the encoding or it may be that you've configured the size of your media to be say CD-R or the like.
                      ~TuF~

Comment

I have to go well under the 'poor quality' level to get it to fit...around 3750 or so. I am writing one now...it'll be interesting to see what the quality looks like. These are normal lenght movies, too..not like "Gone With the Wind" or something.

Thanks for your reply, btw.

Comment

No problem.

I encoded 3 x Buffy the vampire slayer on 4200BPS and didn't notice much difference in quality. I just burnt some at highest quality this morning and so will check them against each other and let you know.
                          ~TuF~

Comment

Working...
                          X