Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest XP patch screwed Resolution

Hey guys,

I have a widescreen monitor that is native 1440x900 (had for a month)... my ATI x1600 used to support it just fine.. Then I updated the latest WindowsXP automatic update patch.. When I rebooted, it gave me options of 1360x1050 and 1400x1050 instead. I tried reinstalling the latest Catalyst drivers to fix it, but to no avail. What to do?

Same problem on my other PC using GeForce 6600GT... same resolutions.. Funny thing is that one at one point, that one didn't seem to support 1440x900.. so it was at 1360x768, then one day it did support 1440x900.. but now once again.. it doesnt. Am I missing something?

Is is just me or is widescreen pretty pointless unless you are watching a lot of letterbox movies on it (also pointless IMO).
    I'd Be More Apathetic... If I Wasn't So Lethargic

Hmm .. so i guess Windows reads the monitors preferences at bootup... if I have the monitor off while it boots up, it doesn't find the proper resolution. Apparently MAC does this too... Stupid IMO.. but i powered everything down and started windows with the monitor on and its working fine again

Comment

It had to finally happen. A thread completely devoted to Kewl talking to himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostly apparition
        It had to finally happen. A thread completely devoted to Kewl talking to himself.
        and you went and interrupted me....us... me

Comment

Originally posted by -KewlAzMe-
          Hmm .. so i guess Windows reads the monitors preferences at bootup... if I have the monitor off while it boots up, it doesn't find the proper resolution. Apparently MAC does this too... Stupid IMO.. but i powered everything down and started windows with the monitor on and its working fine again
          Could be worse, Win98 with a Voodoo Banshee used to switch everything to 640x480, 16 colours if I didn't switch the monitor on during boot.

Comment

The latest Omega Drivers had changes in regarding widscreen resolutions, unsure if that helps at all. Maybe it was Karma, being a lucky sod having a widescreen.
            ~TuF~

Comment

Working...
            X