Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DVD ROM/Writers are meant to read CD's right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry Convict for throwing in a question not related to your problem (which I wouldn't know how to help you with).
    I recently got a DVD drive (bulk) as well and have searched for a freeware DVD player (Win98) high and low. Tried some that boasted like they'd do the job but turned out to be shareware and only do so in the registered version or which simply couldn't after all.
    So maybe someone here used one which supports Win98?
    AlienMode ThieveryUT adaption
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
    Life is a bitch, then you get cancer. One story is good till another is told.

Comment

Media Player Classic for win98 should do the trick
      ..it's safer here.

Comment

Thanks. Works pretty much flawlessly with two cover DVDs from mags but original movie ones (2 PAL) won't play saying "Copy-Protect" error/failure or somesuch.
        AlienMode ThieveryUT adaption
        Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
        Life is a bitch, then you get cancer. One story is good till another is told.

Comment

I asked one of my neighbour who works with computers and he said DVD drives have 2 lasers - 1 for dvds and 1 for cds. He said the cd laser was probably broken. Maybe I will try it out but probably I will have to get a new drive.
          Night of the Werewolves II
          HarryPotterwars
          A Thief's Guide to Thievery for UT (video not complete yet)

Comment

Depends, some have a combo laser like...
            But yeah, CDs are read by a different wavelength laser than DVD are, DVDs are read by red light, whereas CDs are read by infrared.
            Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Comment

I think the problem is that you are trying to put CDs into the Cup Holder on the front of the PC. Download the cupholder driver here: http://www.thepocket.com/cuphold.exe
              I'd Be More Apathetic... If I Wasn't So Lethargic

Comment

I take it you are making a joke? im not very good at computers I'm also hestitant about dling an exe file!
                Night of the Werewolves II
                HarryPotterwars
                A Thief's Guide to Thievery for UT (video not complete yet)

Comment

I just got a new CD/DVD RW a Sony DW-G120GA. Black fronted.

Reads CD's no problem - even copies. Not burnt much with yet though.

Sounds like your writer broke when you hacked Starforce! tut tut.
                  -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
                  - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
                  - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
                  -YT

Comment

Working...
                  X