Immortius Journal Entry - 31/12/2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gullonefox View Post
    Guards with their own objectives? Never much liked this idea...
    Simple put guards should hunt down thieves constantly, thats their objective - not running around the map performing actions that need not be done.

Guards need motion trackers or something like it.

Also, how about rewards, for example: Kill a thief 50 loot, capture a thief via a Guard KO 300 loot. Use loot to buy new items and weapons.

Thoughts?
    Rewards and extra tools might be ok.. Balance is questionable tho.

And I agree that Guards should be on the look out for thieves at all times, but in TUT it can very boring, especially with Ghosters who really know the map. The point of the Guard Objectives is that they are not needed to win, but will assist guards in finding thieves easier. So by doing the objectives, they are looking for thieves even more than just wandering around shadow slashing.

It's not like I said they should have an objective to paint the baby's room while bored.

I did think about a Thiefmatch style radar system mutator for TUT Guards.. but it might be a bit overpowered if the guard starts firespamming his feet when his radar lights up. But it might be a good place to try it out to work out balance issues with your motion tracking idea.
    I'd Be More Apathetic... If I Wasn't So Lethargic

Comment

dynamic objectives for guards and thieves? Could help against camping and make game mre interresting, like find and steal evidence, limit ~20 minutes, after time pases, new objective, find lyre, somewhere at another end of the map. And add at every map, so many objectives as possable, so guards cant protect all objectives at same time, and some will be unguarded. Think it should make game more interresting, then do same objectives everytime like Gerome, every 1 know what to guard, and thieves having no other ways to win, then steal that evi.

Comment

Originally posted by )!(Uruk-Hai)!( View Post
        dynamic objectives for guards and thieves? Could help against camping and make game mre interresting, like find and steal evidence, limit ~20 minutes, after time pases, new objective, find lyre, somewhere at another end of the map. And add at every map, so many objectives as possable, so guards cant protect all objectives at same time, and some will be unguarded. Think it should make game more interresting, then do same objectives everytime like Gerome, every 1 know what to guard, and thieves having no other ways to win, then steal that evi.
        Well I'll be honest, this might be the first smart thing you've said

Maybe under different circumstances... perhaps if a main objective gets destroyed. Kinda like Thief 2, Sheriff's Estate, where you have to question the Sheriff, but then find out he's dead so your objective changes. Perhaps something like read Gerome's Diary.. but when you get to the room, dynamically it may or may not be there that day, implying that he may have taken in with him that day, so instead you have to do something else... or it may be there and you have to read it.

Comment

yes thx, thats why i mean too, its more realistic when the evidence is in other room one day. Or u need find it, u dont rly know where it is, maybe thats why many ppl like to play skelleton head, cuz thieves having more chances to win by obj, when the guards didnt allready spoted the map. Thats very important feature for a multiplayer game imo, cuz u know, the maps will be played again, and again, and its nice to play same map, and find out that the map, or evidence aren't allways at same place.

Comment

It would be nice if there was a map/evi(basically a scroll) in each of the spawn places, but these would be fake, neither the thieves, nor the guards would know which one is real until they get stolen. I think somebody had this idea before.

Comment

Good to see u again FRH...

Another thought could be objectives based on other objectives. Like first thieves must find a map... which could be in any number of locations and like FRH said, multiple scrolls could be laying around and the thieves have to search each of them to find it.

Then the map could be dynamic and show a trail to the loot. Sometimes the map might show the loot to the north, other times it might show it to the south, etc.

Comment

Excellent idea KAM.

Motion trackers don't sound right, maybe there could be dogs, either caged or freelancing, or something of that sort, even if they were to be uncontrollable by players, they could help find hidden taffers.

Comment

i like dags!

Comment

all drugs i say...
                    Btw will be there some hit effects like when u fall from high, u got para for few sec cuz of injure, or when some 1 on very low health he is very slowly.
                    Last edited by )!(Uruk-Hai)!(; 7th Jan 2008, 05:09 AM.

Comment

Objectives and whatnot fall under mapmaking...Maybe its time to renew some of the 'suggestion' threads.
                      Kiech

Comment

Working...
                      X