No announcement yet.

Alpha Release - 2008/03/02

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just came off it now after a quick play around.

Here's my feedback so far, dont worry Im not going to slam it, alphas are incomplete and dont reflect the final product blah blah I know the deal all too well...

So far, Im most impressed with the detail of the player models, great quality obviously the animations need work though.

My biggest gripes have to be the loading times and the button configs so far, so nothing to worry about as this is something which is most likely to be sorted in non too distant releases I presume? Definately need a togglable crouch key to keep my sanity I will play with config files later.

So far, I'd say its a massive leap considering the short period of time UT3 has been out. Definately on the right track mate, I just hope more dynamic uses of light and shadow will be present in the future as the TUT style lighting is a bit drab.

So far so good
    Sc(+)peh

Comment

UT3 allows you to toggle crouch by pressing the crouch key twice quickly.
      Immortius' Forge

Comment

Just wondering, although it's probably because the DE map was simply converted from TUT to NB without any changes? But, on my card, the lighting, especially in dark areas is really terrible...

In darkness, it almost looks like the colour depth is 8-bit (that kind of effect) Just wondering if this is a problem unique to me (PS 2.0), or UT3's lighting on the thievery maps really is terrible.

Brightness, Post-Processing, Gamma Correction etc don't make a difference.

It's also strange that this is only in NB and not UT3 proper, but there aren't really any "dark" areas in UT3.
        Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Comment

Originally posted by necros View Post
          Just wondering, although it's probably because the DE map was simply converted from TUT to NB without any changes? But, on my card, the lighting, especially in dark areas is really terrible...

In darkness, it almost looks like the colour depth is 8-bit (that kind of effect) Just wondering if this is a problem unique to me (PS 2.0), or UT3's lighting on the thievery maps really is terrible.

Brightness, Post-Processing, Gamma Correction etc don't make a difference.

It's also strange that this is only in NB and not UT3 proper, but there aren't really any "dark" areas in UT3.
          A lot of the textures are straight from TUT, so I wouldn't expect any vast improvement on their quality - but it shouldn't look worse. Shadow quality is also set to the equivalent levels to Thievery's, but that only effect how well defined they are, not the color depth of the textures they work on. So I dunno.

Regarding the lack of really dark areas, DE's ambient light setting was copied across as part of the conversion.
          Immortius' Forge

Comment

I think it's my card, i noticed a similar effect in dark areas in UT3 proper.

Shouldnt be a problem however much longer, getting 8800GT
            Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Comment

Working...
            X