No announcement yet.

Alpha Release - 2008/08/28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did some testing, it still was pleasurable, although there's need to do it in a group or even in any multiplayer form. I don't know how you intend to do the melee weapons, but in their current form there's too much space for problems and issues. I'd like to test those as well. For instance whether the sword can hit more thieves at the same time or if it can stop at a random obstacle without it being noticeable. The vertical blow having horizontal spread is a minor thing, I do take it as a mere temporary solution.

Comment

ok iv got a problem iv installed patch 1.3 and added nightblade to the ut3 directory and deleted all the old stuff but when i click the nb launcher I get the ut3 splash and then it crashes?
      any ideas what's wrong
      Arghh why does the world hate me so...

Comment

Are you adding it to the Program Files UT3 directory, or the My Documents UT3 directory?
        Immortius' Forge

Comment

my documents

Comment

Is there an error at the end of the log file (launch.log in UTGame\Logs)
            Immortius' Forge

Comment

no it just blacks out and i get program not responding

Comment

Then what is in your log?
                Immortius' Forge

Comment

fixed it. it just took 10 min or so to start the program.

Comment

i doubt that it's dead since they still release new versions
                    although the old version of the alpha worked and the new one doesn't... 'tleast for me...
                    i also don't really have any time to check what's the problem, so i'll eighter do it sometime next week or on christmas.... or i'll wait for the next release...

Comment

I re-installed UT3 this month after resurrecting my puter. It took a LONG time to run the first time, but I think it says in the readmes somewhere that the first time does take a while to cache stuff. It runs quicker after that.

I'm still super confused on it installing under Program Files AND My Games directories though. That really messed me up the first few times I installed it and couldn't find the .ini file it was asking for, kinda like Sneaky's problem a few posts earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by Spidey View Post
                        I'm still super confused on it installing under Program Files AND My Games directories though.
                        uh oh, am i doing something wrong? i just extract the zip to the UT3 folder under My Games...
                        SSSSSPPPPPAAAAAMMMMM 44444 EEEEEVVVVVEEEEEAAAAA!!!!!

Comment

I think Spidey means UT3 itself.
                          Immortius' Forge

Comment

Some games build shaders and uncompress textures the first time you run them Spidey. (battlefield 2 takes a while each time you change the shader options but runs fast after that).
                            ~TuF~

Comment

Hey immortius, any progress updates?

Comment

Did I miss instructions on how to control scouting orbs? When I throw them they always face directly up.
                                One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
                                -
                                The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Comment

Working...
                                X