• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^ looks like Captain Hook!
    Thieves vs Pirates?
    I'd Be More Apathetic... If I Wasn't So Lethargic

Comment

perhaps not Spanish, but like I pictured a more modern looking guard for NB to fit the period, well-paid, fairly well-dressed and lightly armoured. As opposed to TUT's medieval knight.
      .: Daymaster - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

Comment

Well, you've got to make sure you distinguish between what's a soldier and what's a guard. I made sure to google up guards and not army men. I gave him some puffy trousers and stuff, making him look like a bit of a dandy, but didn't go nuts with it. I'd stick by my general design as I think it's pretty accurate. Just the implementation is bad for me.
        http://rjanes.co.uk
        http://www.rpg-palace.com/

Comment

Guard looks real good- near perfect- but the head does seem a bit off as others have mentioned.

The ears seem a bit low to me, and that throws things off (the rest looks fine). Compare with the "early days" ref picture- ear position seems more natural. I believe the position of the ear canal should be about where the top of the ear is now and the top should be just above the eye. I think that little tweak would make the head look more natural.

All in all though, very nice work.
          Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
          Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

My example of the soldiers was that they are sooooo over the top, that a simple guard would have at least some colour & fashion to him.

You can take it or leave it, but I think he looks more like he would be stealing stuff rather than guarding it. He might look out of place guarding a nice mansion or manor-house, standing next to those ornate furnishings you made.
            .: Daymaster - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

Comment

Working...
            X