If Nightblade costs money...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Nightblade costs money...

Would you pay? Myself, I would have to answer yes, but I am not sure at what point I would NOT pay for the game. I suspose I would have to say no outright if it were $40 or more. Something closer to $10-$15 would be closer to my speed.

What about the rest of you?
    Nothing at all, I refuse!
    28.89%
    I would have to wait for a while, and see if others like BCG's work first.
    17.78%
    Yes, if its in the range of $5-$15 without CD, $15 to $25 with.
    28.89%
    I would pay more or even pay now to reseve my copy!
    24.44%
    Kiech

I think that Black Cat Games can be trusted with making and supporting a game for a while -- look at Thievery!

I would buy it even it is cost as much as Guild Wars

As for waiting to see how other BCG people like it forget that! I'd be first in line to get it -- as long as its sold in America

I thought I read somewhere that UT3 is supposed to have a Steam like release/install/system thing so if mods can be sold through this then great

-- which reminds me...can you sell a mod?
    Set up a donations thing and they can get money
    Merchandise it good too I'd seriously buy a mouse pad if it had the signatures of each of the BCG Team members
    SSSSSPPPPPAAAAAMMMMM 44444 EEEEEVVVVVEEEEEAAAAA!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SpamSlayer View Post
      -- which reminds me...can you sell a mod?
      Garry's Mod and Tactical Ops (the one for UT99) are two mods that have been sold. I'm not sure what sort of licensing they had to do though.
      Based on a true story.
      The prequel.

Comment

i'm sure myself and every other self respecting taffer would pay any price for nightblade
        deserve victory

Comment

ppl should be stupid to pay for MODS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kiech Bepho View Post
            Would you pay? Myself, I would have to answer yes, but I am not sure at what point I would NOT pay for the game. I suspose I would have to say no outright if it were $40 or more. Something closer to $10-$15 would be closer to my speed.

What about the rest of you?
            I'm not willing to say that I would pay for a game without having seen it in action or at least have heard good things from people who have.
            Immortius' Forge

Comment

game? its a mod - total cnvension of a game, so when in future ppl must pay even mod's, that will be a bit over the top.

Comment

Originally posted by VooDoo*|MbR|* View Post
                game? its a mod - total cnvension of a game, so when in future ppl must pay even mod's, that will be a bit over the top.
                not rly, you wont get anywhere in life if you do everything for free, a mod is still a game, its basicly an expansion pack for a game, if they wish to charge you for it then why shouldnt they? even if it is only a small amout to keep things like the websites and this forum running.

id pay a bit for it depending on

Originally posted by Immort
                I'm not willing to say that I would pay for a game without having seen it in action or at least have heard good things from people who have.
                that
                [E.D.G]Keggie - All that is yours is allready mine
                Thievery - Hanse's, Market, Mutator List
                AlienSwarm2k4 - Nighide Research Facility
                Videos - YouTube

Comment

dont agree with u, mods are made by fans of different games, and they try stick 2 games in 1, did they buyed a ut 3 engine? no! so that will be just a mod, not a game, maybe i would even buy this, if it would be a game, and i could test demo of it, and when i would like it. I think thats a not good to buy a mod, when u can downoad 100s other mods for the same game for free!

Comment

Well, if you're complaining that people can't charge for mods without some sort of licensing agreement with Epic, then you're correct... but I was assuming this thread was asking whether people would pay for NB assuming such a licensing agreement was in place.

That aside, a mod isn't that much different from a game - many games these days are built on either the Unreal or Source engine anyway. Just a matter of quality, although some games are so shockingly bad it's amazing that they put a price on them.
                    Immortius' Forge

Comment

yes, but they still pay for ut engine, and what about games - it gives enuff shitty games build on other engines.

Comment

We wouldn't expect anyone to pay for NB unless we were willing to pay for it ourselves.

At least at first, NB will be a free mod - we'll see from the response how to proceed then. Making any game (mod or commercial) demands a lot of time and effort, especially when you're aiming to be of high quality.
                        Red Guard
                        Thievery UT

Comment

Or you could find the loop holes in the legal system and sell the rights to your installer, or sell access privileges to the download link, but make the mod technically "free"
                          I'd Be More Apathetic... If I Wasn't So Lethargic

Comment

Oh come on, it mentions 2 quid for Night-****ing-Blade, you can't not take it.
                            Besides we could do this even on basis of donations, dunno how this works in these parts of world, but if they need to cover for some expenses, like bitches, no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by FatRatHead View Post
                              but if they need to cover for some expenses, like bitches, no problem.
                              LOOL, aha, now i know for what some mod makers need donations. for b!tches lool!

Comment

Working...
                              X