Should I bother?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I bother?

I've been watching these forums for a while now, (i'm a big fan of the Thief series) and it's a real shame that the NB is going to have to wait until UT3, granted, at the rate it's going, it'd be UT4 by the time it finishes anyway. That being said, I'd like to map for NB, but i don't know if the effort would be wasted or not, would 2K4 maps be playable with the UE3 engine? I've some experience mapping for 2K4 (VCTF... although my first map was a small 1-on-1 DM...), so here's some screenshots of my 2 most recent maps:
    I can't imagine that mapping for NB would be too difficult, I'd just have to get used to different SMs, tex, actors, and an overall style, apart from considering 3 teams with their respective objectives... So anyway, should i apply for the team or nay?

There is apparently going to be a tool for converting ut2k4/2k3 maps to ut3, just the same as there is one for converting GOTY to ut2k4/2k3.

The map would only be a waste of time if it doesn't fufill its objective...people wanting to play it....So just make the map so darn good that people will host their own dedicated servers just for it

EDIT: Lay down anchor You wanted to apply for the team? Why do that when you can just...make it yourself?
    Your order has been dispatched!

Comment

Touche, however, i would still need some kind of framework to base it off of (IE. you don't design DM maps like CTF maps; CTF's are generally more linear with less Z-axis) Right now i have no idea what an NB map looks like, well as far as layout

Comment

People have asked that question before, the dev's don't give much of an idea...
        Your order has been dispatched!

Comment

i think they w8ing now for UT 4

Comment

I've written a bit of a converter for UT/UT2kX to UT3 (well, Roboblitz, but same difference). There are a number of limitations though.
            Immortius' Forge

Comment

Working...
            X