NB Feeling/Game Physics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NB Feeling/Game Physics

just a quick suggestion. it would be real cool if the psysics of this game has alot more feeling to it. what i then mean is, compare how it feels to play thief/thief2 compared to thievery. you cant even compare them since thief feels so much nicer to play, thievery feels so "simple".

so i was thinking of that you all could maybe add abit more game feeling on the movements etc in nb, i know both tut/nb is mp games mainly, and if you were to do this in nb i dont think it will give the game a disadvantage in mp? it could still be fast.

EDIT:

maybe this was a dumb thread. maybe it isnt possible to change it since its a mod and it will automatically have the physics of UT3, right? :s
    .: Infiltrator - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

www.youtube.com/user/Richard413

There are limits to what you can do with physics in a multiplayer game, because it is difficult to maintain consistence between the different clients and the server when using it. We'll certainly looking into using it where we can though.
    Immortius' Forge

Comment

Originally posted by immortius View Post
      There are limits to what you can do with physics in a multiplayer game, because it is difficult to maintain consistence between the different clients and the server when using it. We'll certainly looking into using it where we can though.
      We want castles that can crumble! Catapults that fling rocks into castle walls that crumble and break differently each time.
      I'd Be More Apathetic... If I Wasn't So Lethargic

Comment

Well, nothing as extreme as the above, but dragging bodies? Hiding/ stuffing them into crates/barrels/gaps?
        -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
        - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
        - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
        -YT

Comment

Damageable interiors! Guards that go on mace smashing spree in the master's house should have something to show for.

Comment

While it sounds fun... that means we have to make broken versions of everything . Apparently doors can be smashed though.. is that good enough?

Comment

Originally posted by Illuminus View Post
              While it sounds fun... that means we have to make broken versions of everything . Apparently doors can be smashed though.. is that good enough?
              Perhaps certain structures. Doors would be a great start. Then perhaps some archways or bridges.. tho that would probably be more of a mapper's design.

What about rope bridges like Farcry 1 had where you could shoot the rope and the bridge fell? would that be possible online?

Comment

I think LoUie was asking more about player movement. Like how there's a noticeable difference in how it feels to run around in UT2k4 compared to HL2.

I might be completely wrong, though.
                Based on a true story.
                The prequel.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy Bunny View Post
                  I think LoUie was asking more about player movement. Like how there's a noticeable difference in how it feels to run around in UT2k4 compared to HL2.

I might be completely wrong, though.
                  no, you're right. im talking about the pysics of the game, the movements, just how it feels to play the game in generall.

a thing you should be able to do by starting the game and just run around the corner. compare thief with thievery as i said ^^

Comment

If you're going to make breakable doors then make it cost money for both teams. Like they have to buy an axe and are limited to breaking only a certain amount of items before the axe needs repairing, breaks, or something.

Comment

Well, I think breaking the door would have penalties in itself.

-Light and sound pouring through.
                      -Security, guards can't shut the door now.
                      -Escaping, thieves closing door in guards face trick.

I would suggest, ideally thieves wouldn't be able to break doors, but could re-lock them so that guards couldn't open them without having to break it, or having a tool, such as the 'master key' or a skeleton key or something they purchase at the start of the round.
                      -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
                      - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
                      - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
                      -YT

Comment

The key concept had been in thievery too, the devs, however, decided to remove it. Perhaps Nightblade is going to be what they wanted Thievery to be, but for some (REALLY unknown) reason isn't.

Comment

im so glad they decided to go TvG for NB tho, instead of this Thieves vs. Thieves and random guards or whatever it was.. would have been great for 2v2s tho, but imo the whole POINT of a thief multiplayer/sneaky game IS the TvG.

just an idea, but my suggestion would be that you all actually change the name of Night-Blade to Thievery2? =o Maybe "Thievery 2: (The) Night-Blade" or something.

Comment

Originally posted by LoUie View Post
                            im so glad they decided to go TvG for NB tho, instead of this Thieves vs. Thieves and random guards or whatever it was.. would have been great for 2v2s tho, but imo the whole POINT of a thief multiplayer/sneaky game IS the TvG.

just an idea, but my suggestion would be that you all actually change the name of Night-Blade to Thievery2? =o Maybe "Thievery 2: (The) Night-Blade" or something.
                            That idea has been beaten to the ground... I think they would rather not confuse the two to attract a new group of people, and not make everyone say "well this isn't anything like Thievery 1....wtf". It leaves it more open for new design rather than trying to become part 2.

Comment

ThievesBlade. :p

Comment

Working...
                              X