No announcement yet.

NB Feeling/Game Physics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was more referring to it being in polish ...

Comment

Originally posted by -KewlAzMe- View Post
      Why do you keep referring to the way TUT is to the way NB will be? TvG is a game of patience... But TvTvG doesn't have to be. nor does GvG.. nor does TvT...

TvG is just one gametype... and its still an open gametype. If done right, mappers have the control using UED and Kismet to make their own map a pseudo gametype... so if someone wants guard objectives on their maps.. feel free.. if someone else wants guards to be bored... then feel free as well. Its not one dimensional... expand your horizons! There is more than one kind of beer!
      tell me you srsly arent really asking me this? im speaking of TvG only.. ofc the gametype will be played same in NB as in TuT (reffering to that NB will be TvG)

from start when Thief was released and ppl were talking about how cool a Thief mp would be, everyone was ofc speaking about "TvG" .. like having TvT, TvTvG or just some other mod should imo not be categorized as "Thief" .. that would imo be some random stealthy fps, assassin game or whatever.. that is not Thief for me, and which i think, for many other ppl aswell.. i the seed of "Thievery" is that ppl is a fan of the "TvG" part nothing else..
      .: Infiltrator - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

www.youtube.com/user/Richard413

Comment

Originally posted by LoUie View Post
        tell me you srsly arent really asking me this? im speaking of TvG only.. ofc the gametype will be played same in NB as in TuT (reffering to that NB will be TvG)

from start when Thief was released and ppl were talking about how cool a Thief mp would be, everyone was ofc speaking about "TvG" .. like having TvT, TvTvG or just some other mod should imo not be categorized as "Thief" .. that would imo be some random stealthy fps, assassin game or whatever.. that is not Thief for me, and which i think, for many other ppl aswell.. i the seed of "Thievery" is that ppl is a fan of the "TvG" part nothing else..
        If when people originally thought of thief MP before thievery came about, I think alot of them would not have thought of how the game thievery as how they would have liked to see the Mp environment. Quite alot of thief fans who tried thievery didn't like it because it wasn't stealthy enough or they were used to how they played Thief I.E really slow and stealthy without ever being seen. But the multiplayer dynamics with humans on thief and guard teams changed how the game played dramatically. Some adapted some didn't.

Noone is saying they aren't going to make the thief vs guard gametype and that that would probably be the main gametype, but maybe just maybe keep an open mind to new things.

Comment

The addition of TvT play in whatever form will require giving thieves anti-thief capabilities, equipment and offensive weapons that would have no use in the traditional TvG environment, so I'm guessing that TvG will be the central focus atm.

Other than TvTvG, you could just have all thieves working solo against a diminished guard team. Thieves could have an enhanced ability to see other thieves and would strive to sabotage each others efforts. Could be a pub-game favorite as it doesn't involve as much teamwork and would be more chaotic.

Another option is a T&Gs v T&Gs loot capture-the-flag game-type, which I think lends itself perfectly to balanced competitive play.
          .: Daymaster - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostly apparition View Post
            If when people originally thought of thief MP before thievery came about, I think alot of them would not have thought of how the game thievery as how they would have liked to see the Mp environment. Quite alot of thief fans who tried thievery didn't like it because it wasn't stealthy enough or they were used to how they played Thief I.E really slow and stealthy without ever being seen. But the multiplayer dynamics with humans on thief and guard teams changed how the game played dramatically. Some adapted some didn't.

Noone is saying they aren't going to make the thief vs guard gametype and that that would probably be the main gametype, but maybe just maybe keep an open mind to new things.
            first off, im _always_ speaking about the main mod, always. side mods or extra mods is irrelevant atm imo, and yeah, NB will be TvG.

2nd of all.. i know why the "thief fans" didnt like thievery. they arent the multiplayer type or the hardcore gamer type, one of them.. thats why they dont like it, cause the gamestyle in Thief-SP wouldnt work in Thief-MP, they dont understand that.. MP has to be abit faster, and cold be played on very high skill. i understand them saying that TUT isnt stealthy enuff after trying it once or twice... when you udnerstand the game and can play it atleast quite good in multiplayer, THEN it becomes stealthy. so they are wrong.
            .: Infiltrator - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

www.youtube.com/user/Richard413

Comment

Working...
            X