X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God has spoken. Who are we to argue?

Comment

• Prove god exists.
      .: Daymaster - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

Comment

• Prove he doesn't?

(OMG obvious comeback alert)
        ~TuF~

Comment

• I would hope that a similar system be implemented for NB.

Comment

• I only said that in jest. I'm an Atheist anyway. The last thing this topic needs is to go more off the rails than it already is, and I think that's probably the most volatile of arguments out there.

Comment

• Its okay I was also jesting.

Comment

• There's actually bits and pieces of code strewn around UT3 for having a Player Alias - a name for display.

For instance, you can enable the option to enter it in the Player tab of settings in the UTGame.ini file by changing bRemoveOnPc to 0 in the following section:

Code:
                [Alias UTUIDataProvider_MenuOption]
                OptionSet=Network
                DataStoreMarkup=<OnlinePlayerData:ProfileData.Alias>
                OptionType=UTOT_EditBox
                EditboxMaxLength=20
                bRemoveOnPS3=1
                bRemoveOnPC=0
                The UTScoreboard is hard set to use the profile name, but most of the other code supports the alias by the look of things.
                Immortius' Forge

Comment

• Personally i think the whole profile thing is rediculous, personally i quite like SteamIDs, which identifies you as a person no matter which computer you're on, because other than identification, why would you force someone to use the same name :X, works a treat for reserved slots and bans >:O
                  Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Comment

• So, the UTScoreboard....is hard set to allow colored names, or to prevent it? I don't speak developer.

Comment

• its hardcoded to use your UT profile name.
                      Thus, no colour.
                      Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Comment

• Well, yeah, there's not much you can do about the UTScoreboard.

For Nightblade I wrote my own from scratch, so I could do whatever.
                        Immortius' Forge

Comment

• is this thread still alive XD anyway, just remembered.. later on in quake3 you could actually add backround colors to the letters omgz, PLUS make letters blink... bcg crew, make it happoN^ !!
                          .: Infiltrator - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

www.youtube.com/user/Richard413

Comment

• Originally posted by LoUie View Post
                            is this thread still alive XD anyway, just remembered.. later on in quake3 you could actually add backround colors to the letters omgz, PLUS make letters blink... bcg crew, make it happoN^ !!
                            Yes please do, multicolored blinking names is just what Nightblade needs. While your at it, could you make a carousel and a cotton candy machine inside the entrance of DE? You know, in case we get bored.

Comment

• I can just see a neon sign outside Grange that reads: GET IT HERE!!!

Blinking names :S. You guys thought colours were bad, I think q3 shows us that things could be much worse haha

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghostly apparition View Post
                                Yes please do, multicolored blinking names is just what Nightblade needs. While your at it, could you make a carousel and a cotton candy machine inside the entrance of DE? You know, in case we get bored.
                                don't forget the circus music
                                I'd Be More Apathetic... If I Wasn't So Lethargic

Comment

Working...
                                X