Announcement: Nightblade Development Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announcement: Nightblade Development Updates

It's about time for an update as to the progress of Nightblade. I would like to start out by thanking all of you for your patience with the dev team as we try to balance turnover and real life with progressing the development of the mod. I'm sure you all have noticed that there have been a lack of releases and updates to the game. This ultimately comes down to the fact that we do not have the manpower to continue work on Nightblade. The team was largely being pushed on thanks to the work of Immortius and Illuminus, who have been invaluable members in keeping this project going. Unfortunately due to real life commitments, Immortius will no longer be able to make many contributions to the team. As a result, the team has been evaluating what the next step should be.

We have come to decide that Nightblade's work should not end here, but serious changes have to be made. As a result, I have stepped up with the intentions to reorganize and reignite the development of Nightblade. The first step in this will be to recruit heavily to ensure we have the right people with the right skill set to produce a mod that is of Black Cat Games quality. From there we will be making practical and purposeful pushes to finish the mod in a timely manner. The decision as to whether we will continue to release alpha versions of our progress hasn't been made yet, but I promise that in any case you will be kept up-to-date as to our progress. Ultimately we are making this game for you and highly value your commitment to this community and for supporting our efforts. I will be posting more information about our recruiting efforts within the week.

-Biohazard
    Last edited by Biohazard; 23rd Mar 2009, 12:33 PM.

Thank you for the update Biohazard.

A small question. Since there is a new recruitment category on the forums, maybe the NB team can make a sticky thread where the current needs are listed? Like coders, mappers, textures etc. so people can have a look on what is currently needed?

(Am I guessing right that the NB 'help wanted' page is outdated at the moment?)
    [E.D.G] Trapmaster - Doomsayer
    Brush scaling by 0.5325662468842 and still going

Comment

Yes, we are planning on posting a thread with what we are looking for and updating the website very soon.

Comment

Good stuff, BioHazard.
        http://rjanes.co.uk
        http://www.rpg-palace.com/

Comment

Wee.

How long has it been in limbo now? 5 years? :b
          My leet Thievery Map
          My leet UT3 Map
          My leet AS Map

Comment

Does this mean we start with the secret forum again? Ninja jammies 'n all?
            -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
            - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
            - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
            -YT

Comment

OMG shhhh!! It's supposed to be a secret!
              One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
              -
              The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Comment

Q. If Immortius isn't around to do as many updates, does that mean the team has no coder anymore?
                [E.D.G]Chief

Comment

Bio, besides IRC you're welcome to use the TuF mumble server for development discussions.
                  -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
                  - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
                  - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
                  -YT

Comment

Someone on the Dark Mod forum asked about NightBlade, and if you guys needed help. I directed him to this thread. I hope he can help you guys!

Comment

Good luck bio! I hope your experience in organizing the very successful TOD tournaments helps you get the development of NB done.

Comment

Hey guys, BrokenArts is talking about me. Right now I've done a little modeling and map design. At the moment I'm trying to make a Mech Beast for The Dark Mod. But if you need extra assets and models I will be willing to help you guys. If you want to see my low poly Mech Beast work head over to Dark Mod and check out the thread "Sneak peak of Mech Beast". If you think my skills are sufficient for you feel free to pm me at the Dark Mod site.

Later!

Comment

Having people contribute individual models etc. may be worth considering as we could get some decent content from people who don't have time to be full time staff.
                          One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
                          -
                          The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Comment

I have posted a listing of people the team is looking for here. Please help us out by spreading the word that we are looking for people and get them in contact with me if they have further questions.

Comment

Oh god, we are doomed.

Comment

Working...
                              X