No announcement yet.

Always a day late and a dollar short...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Always a day late and a dollar short...

Not so much of a suggestion as an observation. I think one of the reasons TUT was never immensely popular was becuase when it was released Unreal Trounament's day in the sun was long past, and not many people played it anymore. It looks as though this again is happenning for NB; the game is just starting it's development and UT2k3 is a good year or so old with UT2k4 just over the horizon. So, by the time this mod is publicly released, isn't it likely that even the people who still play 2003 will be moving over to 2004, thus losing quite a few potential players.

This is just an observation, as I've said before I like a small community much more than a very large one, although ideally it would be great if our current community were two or three times bigger than it is now. As it stands I hope that this game does attract a larger fan base than TUT, but not as large as Counter-Strike or Day of Defeat. But I am curious, why keep making mods for games that are past their prime?

UT2004 will play all UT2003 mods, so no worries there.

Comment

I always thought Thievery didn't become popular because it offered intelligent teambased play in a world of fast-pased low thought multiplayer games like CS and Diablo.
      Immortius' Forge

Comment

Well, I have a feeling that NightBlade will get a bigger community, than ThieveryUT ever had.

Comment

I certainly hope NightBlade draws greater attention than TUT, its frustrating that a mod with such potential is overshadowed by others like CS.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous
            I certainly hope NightBlade draws greater attention than TUT, its frustrating that a mod with such potential is overshadowed by others like CS.
            Umm, yes. Well, CS sucks anyway, and I don't see why people enjoy to play it. It's alyways the same - and it's all about aiming and shooting fastest...

Comment

Originally posted by immortius
              I always thought Thievery didn't become popular because it offered intelligent teambased play in a world of fast-pased low thought multiplayer games like CS and Diablo.
              It was probably a combination of all those factors.

I'm going to have to upgrade my PC.

Comment

I'm seriously worried that this game won't even resemble thievery, and will bring in a crowd omf DMers, when the game is supposed to have a major stealth impact.
                "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Originally posted by Dalai
                  where did you find this out?

lol
                  This is my cool sig.

Comment

Originally posted by daniel
                    Originally posted by Dalai
                    where did you find this out?
                    Originally posted by [url=http://www.infogrames.net/games/unreal_tournament_2004_pc_action/
                    UT2004 home page[/url]]UT2004 will ship over 20 brand new maps along with the original UT2003 maps and the official bonus pack maps. This will allow 2004 owners to jump into any 2003 server and compete!
                    No Linux, No Choice.
                    Know Linux, Know Choice.

Comment

That means that Ut2k4 will be compatible with ut2k3, but it doesn't specify if a 2k3 coded mod will run on 2k4, although it seems likely.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha-Omega
                        ...but it doesn't specify if a 2k3 coded mod will run on 2k4, although it seems likely.
                        It will...

Comment

Originally posted by mOdEtWo
                          Originally posted by Anonymous
                          Umm, yes. Well, CS sucks anyway, and I don't see why people enjoy to play it. It's alyways the same - and it's all about aiming and shooting fastest...
                          And I've talked to some people who play CounterStrike, and frankly, I'm glad they do. I wouldn't want people like them playing Thievery and annoying the hell out of me in-game.

Comment

Working...
                          X