One word: Mages.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One word: Mages.

I thought about posting this too, but when you think about it for a while, it's a ton of extra work on everyone's part plus it'll be a nightmare to balance, all for something that can be emulated decently enough with equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha-Omega
      I thought about posting this too, but when you think about it for a while, it's a ton of extra work on everyone's part plus it'll be a nightmare to balance, all for something that can be emulated decently enough with equipment.
      Maybe the mage can be something like the city guard? An AI controlled enemy that attacks thieves with spells.
      You could have him teleport all over the map (that'll get people paranoid, hehe).

Comment

I was reading through the old post about adding mages to TUT and the ideas just got so complicated and it became more and more unbalanced that I doubt they will get added to NightBlade. It would be too much work just to risk having to say 'oh well we can't get the game balance right with them in so we'll have to cut them'.

Not to mention the details that people wanted to go into them that would totaly confuse new players. The thing about NightBlade is that it is so much easier to learn to play then TUT and that is where most of us feel we lost a lot of new players...we don't want to go complicating matters again.

Maybe in the future though there might be room for another game-type which involves mages somehow.
        One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
        -
        The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Comment

Dalai did give us scripters the opportunity to make stuff for NightBlade before it's all wrapped up and shipped to the masses. Too bad my free time is preciously little with the 8 hour schooldays and all.
          ]V[]V[

Comment

Working...
          X