Blood-Stone thieves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blood-Stone thieves?

Unless it's too late, because of maps (etc)
    I think it would be better to have the main thief powers un-named.
    It's hard to think of yourself as a Mocker, (or any other guild) for that matter, with "Blacktooth Rogues" stamped all over your chest. :?
    Nightwarden,
    .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
    - "Earth dons the red; calls the maggots."

Or at least limit the names to the co-op story mode or something.
    Immortius' Forge

Comment

Originally posted by shadow rodent
      Unless it's too late, because of maps (etc)
      I think it would be better to have the main thief powers un-named.
      It's hard to of yourself as a Mocker, (or any other guild) for that matter, with "Blacktooth Rogues" stamped all over your chest. :?
      Mocker division of the Blacktooth Rogues?

Comment

But... we're a family, not a division... :cry:

Seriously though, I could really get into some custom in-game arm-patches for the individual guilds
        Nightmaster,
        .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
        - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

Who said the names can't be customized?...

Comment

Come on, Blacktooth and Bloodstone are just a clever way to divise the thieves in two.
            JM

Comment

I don't know about that... Could one team be called, well, RED, while the other team is called something like BLUE?
              Immortius' Forge

Comment

Yeah! I could be the good blue team interviewer, while MG could cover the evil, satanistic, communistic RED team.

Comment

I too would like to see custom names for the thief teams, perhaps bloodstone and the other one, can be the default names and under server settings you can set the names of the Blue and Red teams respectively. Therefore if mockers is playing against, for example Crackez, then it can be set up as:
                  Join Mockers
                  Join Crackez
                  Something like that. However I think the Devs are trying to make a interesting setting for the game, with some RPG elements, particularly in the co-op game type and so the two guilds of thieves should be interesting enough
                  .: Daymaster - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

Comment

We've toyed around with the idea of custom names for teams. Like the first person who joins gets to name it. But I don't know if it will ever be implemented or not. The real question is: How useful would this be? YOU know what guild you're in, so why bother? You'd still end up joining a team with a different guild name than your own in most public games, and probobly a guild name similar to 1337Thi3v35pWNED.
                    (AKA Dresden)
                    Despite all my rage, I am still just a dwarf in a cage.

Comment

^ What he said.

The last things I want to see are guilds called "We'regoingtoreapyoursister" and "OMFG2l33t4ULOLOLOLOLOL"

Comment

In thinking about the tags idea- I just wondered if there are any ways to stop people aliasing as other players in NB ?
                        [E.D.G] "Eaves Droppers Guild - we're on the edge."

All New Thievery-O's!

Comment

Didn't RocketArena for UT have custom team names or something?
                          Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
                          www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Originally posted by [E.D.G
                            Chief]In thinking about the tags idea- I just wondered if there are any ways to stop people aliasing as other players in NB ?
                            Why? aliasing isn't that bad. And besides, if you really want to find out who people are, track their IPs and compare them with other names for the same IP.
                            "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Not everyone has admin access you know.
                              Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

Working...
                              X