Disappearing of the bodies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disappearing of the bodies

will the dead bodies stay like in tut or will they disappear like in ut2k3 ?
    Body disappearing is one of (few) things i hate on ut2k3

EDIT : I know it is hard to keep bodies because of ragdoll physics and high poly count. Because of that, I'm worried

They still disappear at the moment but it doesn't affect the gameplay in them doing so. I think you are right in that most PCs couldn't handle too many bodies...it would look nicer though.
    One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
    -
    The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Comment

Originally posted by koraX
      will the dead bodies stay like in tut or will they disappear like in ut2k3 ?
      Body disappearing is one of (few) things i hate on ut2k3

EDIT : I know it is hard to keep bodies because of ragdoll physics and high poly count. Because of that, I'm worried
      I think it depends whether we will have a lives-respawn system or not.

If theres no lives-limit I think it would be quite hard to maintain all the dead bodies without getting laggy.

Comment

Hmmm, yes. Having lots of high poly bodies laying around would cause server lag and an fps hit. The main reason I still make them disappear and not be part of the game (carrying them around, etc) is due to the karma ragdoll stuff. Karma stuff has to work clientside and will behave differently on every machine, depending on their CPU, etc.

So, a dead body can theoretically fall in a different place on each client's machine. Therefore you can't have people interacting with them without getting teleporting bodies.

Comment

So you get all the fun of floppy bodies and absolutely none of the gameplay implications people were salivating over? Gnnnnnn.

Comment

Feedback is an important part of gameplay and karma deaths = feedback on crack!

Comment

Originally posted by Chainsaws
              ...it would look nicer though.
              Please don't start an interior design company

Comment

Umm..... YOu really need the whole lives thing, otherwise it's just mideval UT
                "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

well I won't play UT clone with medieval theme and some thief weapon/items.
                  But i think it is too early to judge, let's wait for a release. Now we can only suggest and criticize so we can make nightblade better than TUT

Comment

Originally posted by Nachimir
                    Originally posted by Chainsaws
                    ...it would look nicer though.
                    Please don't start an interior design company
                    But my bank manager already authorized the business loan....he was shaking and sweating a lot during the interview though but I guess he's diabetic or something.
                    One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
                    -
                    The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Comment

Originally posted by koraX
                      well I won't play UT clone with medieval theme and some thief weapon/items.
                      I will!!!!
                      Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
                      www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Solution :-

keep the bodies non-interactive.

give the user the option to scale te number of bodies.
                        ~TuF~

Comment

Originally posted by Radamanthus
                          Noob.

Comment

rofl :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by mOdEtWo
                              Originally posted by Radamanthus
                              Noob.
                              Well, what is the solution, then? How are respawns handled in NB? Rather than merely insulting someone for not knowing what you do, because he's not privy to the information, how about being informative?

Comment

Working...
                              X