Another bodies suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another bodies suggestion

In thievery, when someone gets KO'd/killed a body is spawned and his inventory items are dropped.

In NightBlade it would be quite hard to maintain all the dead/KO'd bodies due to lag, plus dead/KO'd bodies don't have as much impact on the gameplay as in thievery.

Therefor I would suggest that the 'inventory' drop and dead bodies be integrated into one system. Aperson dies, his dead body drops, and once you frob this dead body you search it for items (maybe put a small timer on it like lockpicking).

Dead bodies would be around longer, since they are in essence 'pickups'. And you would also save a bit of lag by not having a mass of items drop onto the floor upon death.

You could allways make the bodies dissapear after a timelimit or so, to get rid of excess bodies noone checked/frobbed.

The thieves drop a backpack containing their stuff when they die, the body goes tumbling off into whatever crazy karma death location the client machine calculates.

Comment

So it's in different area on different machines?

sucks. MAJORLY!
      "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Originally posted by Dalai
        The thieves drop a backpack containing their stuff when they die, the body goes tumbling off into whatever crazy karma death location the client machine calculates.
        So, they die, drop the pack, then flop about in different places on everybodies machine...

Stop worrying rad, i'm sure everything is in hand! >hands Rad a cup of tea<
        ~TuF~

Comment

Hmm, I don't recall I've had any problems with picking up the contents of the backpack. So I guess it's ok...

Comment

Originally posted by TheMachine
            hands Rad a cup of tea<

Thanks. i needed that.

So *sips some tea* A backpack replaces teh body idea at the start of this thread?
            "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

The backpack drops directly downwards from the point of death and contains all inventory items that are recoverable (currently cash, weapon and shield). The body flies off wherever.

So, in short Rad, the answer you want is 'Yes'
              One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
              -
              The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Chainsaws
                The backpack drops directly downwards from the point of death and contains all inventory items that are recoverable (currently cash, weapon and shield). The body flies off wherever.

So, in short Rad, the answer you want is 'Yes'
                Shield?! You said shield? YAY! *Does the victory dance*
                I Need Training!

Comment

Originally posted by The_Judge

Yeah, you lift it up by pressing the frob key and it....

huh? is that footsteps behind me? What? You!!?! What are you doing he...

One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
                  -
                  The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Comment

I was going to avoid pointing out that he'd said that in the hopes that he'd carelessly let other features slip, but now he'll probably be more careful....

:roll:

Comment

Is it that bad for not so lucky people like me knowing the new features?
                      I Need Training!

Comment

Hurray, my worst fear vanished

Comment

Is it that bad for not so lucky people like me knowing the new features?
                          "New features" are subject to change.

Comment

Originally posted by Master-Builder
                            "New features" are subject to change.

*chokes on his tea.*

Comment

huh? is that footsteps behind me? What? You!!?! What are you doing he...

"Batbatbat!"

"What happened to her?"

"She got hurt.../Thomas hit her with a bat!"

Comment

Working...
                              X