Maps Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maps Question

How are maps being handled in NB? Are there going to be one set of maps, with all gametypes playable on them, as in Thievery? Or are maps going to be gameptype specific, as in UT? (For instance, there are different maps for CTF, DM, Dom, etc.)

Gametype specifice... All gametypes play very different.

Comment

I suppose some maps could be made playable with every gametype...
      JM

Comment

Originally posted by Lurox
        I suppose some maps could be made playable with every gametype...
        There would have to be changes, but they could be converted rather easy.

Comment

Interesting. That makes mapping out the initial release much mor difficult,doesn't it? More maps have to be made and tested in order to have a sufficient number to make it worth releasing.

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
            Interesting. That makes mapping out the initial release much mor difficult,doesn't it? More maps have to be made and tested in order to have a sufficient number to make it worth releasing.
            Yes.... But guildwar is in focus. Arena maps will likely be very small and rather fast to make. (I made crate areana in an hour. )
            TvG maps will most likely be converted Guild war maps that has been modified slightly to allow for a TvG game.
            I don't know about the quest gametype yet...

Comment

Are there any plans to convert any of the existing TUT maps to Night Blade, for the TvG gametype? Some of those maps could be just FANTASTIC in the new engine. (Breandor, anyone?)

Comment

Sure... they could be converted. But they would still look somewhat flat compared to the rest of the maps unless there's a lot of chanes....

A korman2k3 map for Guild War and TvG wouldn't be bad at all....

Comment

I think Korman and theatre are ought for a remake...
                  JM

Comment

I'll be straightforward here. The maps I'd most like to see remade for Night Blade are (in no particular order):

Breandor
                    Soul's Harbor
                    Archery
                    Darkened Enlightenment
                    Warehouse
                    Asylum

I think the UT2003 engine's capabilities could REALLY be made to shine in those maps.

Comment

Warehouse? Really, I don't see why.
                      JM

Comment

Originally posted by Lurox
                        Warehouse? Really, I don't see why.
                        That map would be pure ownage... Really... 2 guilds raiding a couple of warehouses at the same time.... Somethings bound to go wrong.... Something fun's bound to happen...

Comment

LR, I'm surprised by your map choices, but I am also interestend in remakes of Asylum, and DE.

Comment

OH, almost forgot.
                            A flats inspired level with be the bomb to. Both guilds could have a Guild house from which they could venture out on the streets to rob various houses... and ultimatly each other.

Comment

If DE is going to be in Nightblade, it should have much better ambient sounds. The map in TUT currently sucks because of that. (In my opinion.) The geometry is great, but playing that map with headphones just hurts....

Comment

Working...
                              X