wall hanging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wall hanging

I broght this up in the Thievery suggestions, but it couldn't be done.

http://www.thieveryut.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=2081

So, new engine, new times. Can it be done?
    "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

great question!

Comment

I wait a whole 24 hous and nobody answers something worth it? Wow. nobody likes me. :cry:
      "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Originally posted by Radamanthus
        Wow. nobody likes me. :cry:
        Simmer down on the neurosis already, please.

Originally posted by I
        There are bucketloads of things that would be absolutely brilliant in any game, and ideas are a peice of piss to come up with: implementing them is another matter entirely.
        Originally posted by Dalai
        Look, if you want commerical quality Q&A then start paying us some money.

Comment

Originally posted by Nachimir
          Originally posted by Radamanthus
          Wow. nobody likes me. :cry:
          Simmer down on the neurosis already, please.

Originally posted by I
          There are bucketloads of things that would be absolutely brilliant in any game, and ideas are a peice of piss to come up with: implementing them is another matter entirely.
          Originally posted by Dalai
          Look, if you want commerical quality Q&A then start paying us some money.
          It's a suggestions forum, so we do exactly what we do... suggest things.

Noone here is expecting a full three page official answer to their question, but a short "It's in", "it's not in" or "we're thinking about it" would be in it's place.

It's not needed to say that alot of people have their doubts with nightblade after hearing about the current limitations of the engine, so it'd better get some damn nice features or it will become just a UT2K3 clone with swords and new models.

Just my 0.02$

Comment

All the limitation?... The only limitations that it's been stated to have so far is dynamic shadows/lightmap, so no water bolts.
            And the fact that karma physics can't be used in multiplayer, so no carryable karma bodies or karma crates...

Did i miss anything?...

Now... You wan't a list of what it can do that UT couldn't?

Comment

Originally posted by Master-Builder
              All the limitation?... The only limitations that it's been stated to have so far is dynamic shadows/lightmap, so no water bolts.
              And the fact that karma physics can't be used in multiplayer, so no carryable karma bodies or karma crates...

Did i miss anything?...

A stealthy game without dynamic lights sounds pretty weird to me.
              You mean there won't be water arrows NOR will there be lightswitches.

The carryable objects were one of the main fun factors of Thievery, and that's scrapped too.

If you ask me, they should scrap the whole fucking karma system and just give us bodies, chests and whatnot more.

Comment

We traded the dynamic lights for High quality shadows to hide in.
                Don't forget maps are being made with this in mind. Almost every single area of a map will have shadows to hide in.

And there are still triggerlights, they just won't cast any shadows.

Comment

Originally posted by -=V12US=-
                  It's a suggestions forum, so we do exactly what we do... suggest things.
                  Fair enough, I wasn't taking a pop at anyone for that.

Comment

Originally posted by -=V12US=-
                    Originally posted by Master-Builder

Did i miss anything?...

A stealthy game without dynamic lights sounds pretty weird to me.
                    You mean there won't be water arrows NOR will there be lightswitches.

The carryable objects were one of the main fun factors of Thievery, and that's scrapped too.

If you ask me, they should scrap the whole fucking karma system and just give us bodies, chests and whatnot more.
                    Yeah, you know because its so damn fun to cover objectives with big crates and 100 other small things.
                    (AKA Dresden)
                    Despite all my rage, I am still just a dwarf in a cage.

Comment

Originally posted by NeoPendragon
                      Yeah, you know because its so damn fun to cover objectives with big crates and 100 other small things.
                      See, NeoP understands....

NO, seriously, the interactivity of the world makes it far more interesting. And stacking things on objectives kind of makes up for not actually being able to pick them up and put them back where they belong. And NeoP, you yourself have made extensive use of junk items in your maps to make things more challenging for thieves. Surrounding loot items with junk items, for example, to require a bit more time/precision to frob the loot.

Comment

<Post Deleted>
                        (AKA Dresden)

Comment

<post deleted>

Shit, sorry for the spam.
                          (AKA Dresden)

Comment

Um, NO. I didn't. But thanks for telling me how I intened my map to play.
                            (AKA Dresden)

Comment

Originally posted by NeoPendragon
                              Um, NO. I didn't. But thanks for telling me how I intened my map to play.
                              NeoP, I wasn't insulting your map or abilities, please understand that. I think the two maps you've produced are among the best there are for TUT, better than many of the "standard" maps. But I've noticed that at a number of places in them, there are loot items surrounded by junk items, with makes it far more challenging to grab them. OK, maybe it wasn't your intent, but it is the effect produced.

That wasn't the point of my post, anyway. What was was the interactivity of the TUT environment. And it seems that's going to be lost in NB, and I think that's a shame.

Comment

Working...
                              X