No water arrows, TUT for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No water arrows, TUT for me

I love thief and I like TUT because it is like Thief multiplayer.

But from what I read, nightblade won't have dead body interaction, no flashbombs, no water arrows (so torches won't go off ?).

For me now, the tut is the winnar.
    I do not want to play UT-like game with medieval theme and thevish weapons/items.

I hoped they would wait for Thief3 and make thievery with realtime lights and professional thief look, but they decided not to wait.
    I do not judge nightblade, it is not released. I just warn that if nightblade will go that way, the community can change. I am not only one who came here because of the Thief fanaticsm.
    (take all my posts as IMHO. I only want to make nightblade better )

Some Q :
    - will ice bolts replace water arrows ?
    - will there be rope arrows ?

Let's get one thing cleared up.

Nightblade is NOT Thievery.

It's something completly new like nothing you ever played before.
    It's pure genius.
    The lack of water arrows quite simple... UT2003 doesn't support it.

And why wait for Thief 3 that won't have any multiplayer, and therefor haven't been coded to support it?... You won't be able to implent it just like that.

Comment

Too bad you can't modify ut2k3 like you did modify UT (dalai said something about not released headers for ut2k3)

well, there is dx multiplayer, and multiplayer for u2 is making, so why multiplayer for thief3 would be impossible ?

Comment

As MB said, UT2K3 doesn't support waterarrows. It would require a low-level code change or something like that. Which would require the source.

Comment

Originally posted by Master-Builder
          It's something completly new like nothing you ever played before.
          It's pure genius.
          I hope I'll love this game

Comment

Originally posted by mOdEtWo
            As MB said, UT2K3 doesn't support waterarrows. It would require a low-level code change or something like that. Which would require the source.
            I was under the impression headers were expected relatively soon, or am I mistaken in that?
            Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Native coding for UT2K3 isn't currently possible unless you're a licensee of the engine. Epic has not released nor have they mentioned any plans of releasing the headers for builds 2107+ of the engine.

(Note: If you wish to create native code, you may wish to email epic and request the headers, even if you are not a licensee. You will need to sign a few forms, but not necessarily pay anything).

http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki/Native_Coding

Comment

Originally posted by koraX
                (Note: If you wish to create native code, you may wish to email epic and request the headers, even if you are not a licensee. You will need to sign a few forms, but not necessarily pay anything).
                I'm guessing that didn't happen.
                Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

well, at least you can try

Comment

Originally posted by Master-Builder
                    And why wait for Thief 3 that won't have any multiplayer, and therefor haven't been coded to support it?... You won't be able to implent it just like that.
                    I know that Thief 3 will ot be multiplayer, but has it been confirmed whether or not the multi-player coding of the base Unreal engine has been removed, not just left in but not implemented?
                    Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
                    Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

Originally posted by mOdEtWo
                      You got to be shitting me. What the heeel did they do to UT2k3 to make waterarrows impossible? Did they remove animated lightmaps?
                      ]V[]V[

Comment

No dynamic lightmaps if i recall correctly.

So if you wanted it, it would be light that would shine trough walls and not cast any shadows.... Do you want that from every single torch? Or do you wan pretty shadows to hide in that it casts instead?...

Comment

no dynamic lightmaps = no light switches, no turning on/off the lights, no lights from storm like in TH-asylum.

Why didn't you do nightblade in normal old UT ?

Comment

How stupid. If I'd known, I'd never have bought UT2k3.
                            ]V[]V[

Comment

Originally posted by koraX

no dynamic lightmaps = no light switches, no turning on/off the lights, no lights from storm like in TH-asylum.

Why didn't you do nightblade in normal old UT ?
                              That means no flares and no firebolts as well? At least can I use Infra Red Goggles to find the stinky thieves?!
                              I Need Training!

Comment

Working...
                              X