The HUD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The HUD

I'm making this suggestion on behalf of Entropy, who brought it up in the CTG private forum.

He thinks, and I agree to some extent, that the HUD as shown in the screenshots you've posted already, is destructive to the immersiveness of the game. If it's not already in the plans, could the HUD be made completely user configurable, as in UT, where you can actually scale it down to nothing onscreen, up to everything possible displayed?

I second this motion.
    It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Why?...

I think you can compare this hud with Deus Ex 2 hud... You have everything you wan't to know at the screen all the time....
      On top of that it's newbie friendly, since it shows the keys for using the items you have.

And believe me... You will hardly notice it when you start playing, and it's really nice to be able to see what stuff you have at the fly with out cycling trough weapons and inventory.

Comment

At least let us make it as transparent as we want...
        It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Master-Builder
          Why?...

I think you can compare this hud with Deus Ex 2 hud... You have everything you wan't to know at the screen all the time....
          On top of that it's newbie friendly, since it shows the keys for using the items you have.

And believe me... You will hardly notice it when you start playing, and it's really nice to be able to see what stuff you have at the fly with out cycling trough weapons and inventory.
          I agree, all wonderful features. But for some people, immersiveness is more important. Why not make it user configurable, so that the people who want the features can have them, but the people who want what's onscreen to be as close as possible to what they'd see actually being there have that?

User customizability is a good thing. I don't see how you can argue AGAINST it on concept. If it's a technical issue, or one of not having enough time and having to set priorities, that's another matter, but if it CAN be included, why shouldn't it be?

Comment

Originally posted by Master-Builder
            Why?...

Perhaps you haven't realized this, but a lot of people think the Deus Ex 2 HUD
            sucks. Myself included. And that's even given that the game is set in a high-tech future where such a display is at least somewhat immersively plausible.

In NB it not only isn't even somewhat plausible in terms of immersion, it's completely and utterly implausible. On top of that, from the screens I've seen so far, it's also far too dominant and intrusive on the playing area for a multiplayer FPS in pure gameplay terms. I very strongly feel it needs to be either very configurable - so we (the community) can change the size, position, and preferrably graphics, that represent elements, or it needs to be completely reworked.
            {CTG} Softy Guildmaster
            Contact details updated
            I want more than 255 characters in this sig dammit!

Comment

Hear Hear!

>cheers<
              ~TuF~

Comment

I like hud like it was in DeusEx 1. It was completely customizable, you could turn off everything, or only some parts.

Comment

Originally posted by koraX
                  I like hud like it was in DeusEx 1. It was completely customizable, you could turn off everything, or only some parts.
                  This is what's in UT currently, and exactly what I was getting at. I can't see why anyone would be against such a thing, since they'd be able to have the full HUD if they wanted it.

Comment

User configuration and customization is teh shtuff!
                    Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
                    www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Working...
                    X