Question about the main gameplay...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about the main gameplay...

Will NB be leaning more towards combat or stealth?
    To me it sounds like it will be more focused on combat but mabye i'm wrong.

LR posted this in another thread:
    I certainly hope so, but I'm doubtful about some points. They've already said that the gameplay is going to be faster-paced, for instance. That worries me. One of the things that attracted me to Thievery was that it WASN'T fast-paced, that patience and careful setup could pay off bigtime.

I'd agree combat in Thievery is a "shallow" experience, but again, combat is not what drew me to it. Combat is not the core experience in Thievery. If combat were what I was after, I wouldn't play Thievery, I'd play one of the other combat-oriented games. What I like about Thievery is that it's a game that's won by outwitting your opponents, not by outfighting them. It sounds like NightBlade is aiming to change that.

I'm sure they'll do a marvellous job with the game, I'm just not sure it's what I'll want to play. However, if they put as much effort into making it the THINKING game that Thievery is (as opposed to the twitchclick games so many other FPS's are), it's something I'll definitely be interested in. I'd love to see Thievery's gameplay taken to the UT2003 engine.
    I agree entirely with everything that was said in this post, and I'm hoping that the qualities that made TUT so fun will stay intact.

Since I quit playing thievery not long ago, I've been looking for another game to play online. It looks like I found that game. I look forward to joining the thievery community once again.
    <-- Resident Nightblade suggestion attorney...

I'd say sneaking is your most useful tool. Combat is there, and it's fun, but it wears you down in no time.
    JM

Comment

w00t I was hoping you'd say that.

Comment

Also, it takes a lot of skill to actually be a good fighter.
        JM

Comment

is it going to have a lot of duels or will it be mostly back stabs, and quick/instant kills?

Comment

Originally posted by Firetiger
            is it going to have a lot of duels or will it be mostly back stabs, and quick/instant kills?
            Depends.... You can surprise an player or ai and quickly take care of them.
            But more often you get into a duel with another player.... Or more then one.

Comment

Sounds like fun, thanx for answering questions.

Comment

Working...
              X