Thirdperson and Firstperson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thirdperson and Firstperson

Will the game only be in thirdperson, or will it be possible too change from Thirdperson to Firstperson??? Like in jediknight, that gives it a whole new game.
    "No no no, i aint have any motto, as i always says"

NB Screenshots are from 1st person view, so i think game will be mainly 1st person. But you will be able to view from 3rd person for sure. UT2003 console command "behindview 1". It works in TUT

Comment

Cool, i also have a wish (if possible) i would like too see some models or weapons.

Comment

My first question was because of on the NB website there is written: Intense third person melee combat with a variety of weapons, including axes, swords, daggers, maces, etc.

Comment

Melee combat is 3rd person.

Comment

hmm

Comment

Originally posted by Master-Builder
              Melee combat is 3rd person.
              Cool, so something similar to Jedi Knight 2?
              Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

Yup, it's like Jedi Knight. First person normally, but camera pulls back to third person view when you ready a melee weapon.

Comment

w00t!
                  Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

Originally posted by Dalai
                    Yup, it's like Jedi Knight. First person normally, but camera pulls back to third person view when you ready a melee weapon.
                    That's mandatory? You can't melee in 1st person if you want to?

Comment

COOL!!! AWSOME!!! Cant wait. Master-Builder, du styrer jo for vildt!!!! Heheh

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                        That's mandatory? You can't melee in 1st person if you want to?
                        No.
                        First it would require animations of the weapons and shields in firstperson mode.
                        Second off, it's much easier, intens and immersiv in 3rd person.
                        And there are full attack and movement animations... So don't think this is just the same as pulling out a sword in thievery and slashing away while in behindview.

Comment

I think it would be too hard to fight with melee weapons in 1.st person view, cause of all the quick moves/jumps.

Comment

I just hope we can fix the 2 second freeze that occurs when one pulls the sword.
                            ]V[]V[

Comment

What 2 second freeze?

Comment

Working...
                              X