Visibility Crosshair Radius?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visibility Crosshair Radius?

Had this idea pop into me head a few days ago. Instead of having a set visibility (i.e. total dark, totally invisible) that doesn't change depending on where you are, how about have your visibility change relative to the amount of shadow you are in, how close an enemy's crosshair is to directly facing the player, and distance. So, if you are only hidden in 50% shadow and an enemy passes by you from 10 feet away, he may not see you since you were only in the corner of his screen. Likewise, if you are in almost complete darkness, and a guard is searching for you from 3 feet away and focuses his crosshair right over you, he will be able to barely see the thief.

This sounds like what we discussed for TUT. Maybe with the new engine they can do it...would be cool.
    Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
    www.usyetzer.com

Comment

It'd make stealth really unreliable though.

Comment

Since it's a faster paced game there should probably be less reliance on it in the first place. Besides, if this were implemented, I'm sure it would be balanced out so that some moron running around zooming his head in every direction to find someone hidden will rarely catch a glimpse of someone as opposed to someone carefully scanning each shadow or defending an area.

Comment

Gameplay should take presidence over Realism, a good idea nontheless.

How about theives in stealth mode can see better than those in combat mode? The way I understand it is that Stealth mode is something that can only be entered when being stealthy? Not entirly sure.
          ~TuF~

Comment

Hmm, yeah, I hadn't even given thought to "stealth mode" in the pics...
            Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
            www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Or how about isn stealth mode htey are quieter.
              "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

A good idea, but i think it will be to easy to find each others.
                "No no no, i aint have any motto, as i always says"

Comment

Originally posted by Radamanthus
                  Or how about sin stealth mode they arent quarter.
                  Here I ran this through spellcheck for ya.........
                  Never let LaughingRat shave your testicles with a rusty serrated knife.

Comment

Working...
                  X