Traps (sentrygun)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traps (sentrygun)

In order to support the stealthy/ malicious player, and the players that try to defend their own turf, we should come up with new exiting traps to 'replace' the thievery ones. I think we can keep the basic ones, but traps like the whistler have to be replaced by other ones.

Caltrops and mines can stay, the whistler would be replaced by an alarm trap of some sort which would be similar in concept.

As for new traps.

I was thinking about a TFC like sentry gun that fires bolts at visible enemies, but which has to be built from a sentry kit (takes a while to complete, but can be repacked and placed on a different location if need be).

Add the ability to load it with special types of bolts from your personal stock and maybe the ability to upgrade it. Allthough that might be a little too farfetched.

The point of the sentry gun is to replace the AI guards we had in thievery, so we don't have to rely on our human teammembers all the time.

The name should be changed though... Sentry gun sounds a little too futuristic.

I'd like it if it would have to be used with a whistler. If the whistler detects the thief, the trap shoots bolts at it.
    JM

Comment

ACtually, the Chaos UT mod had a turret gun that's exactly like you say it should be like, but it was huge, unmovable, and fired rockets and shock rifle balls.
      "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

This should be map specific...

Comment

I dont like the idea of mechanic arrow shooting machines very much!!! I think the game should stay as much in the medival time as possible!!! Whistler is ok, and traps too.
          "No no no, i aint have any motto, as i always says"

Comment

Nothing encourages people to use stealth more than a powerfull sentry gun.

It could be just a whistlery thing on a tripod swaying left and right like the automatic camera's in thievery, and they open fire as soon as a thief in their field of vision goes over a certain % of visibility.

I mean, if you can have whistlers then why not these sentry whistlers? Like I said, they'll encourage stealth, so it'd be hard for the opposing thiefs to barge in and melee their way to the loot.

Comment

I agree with the powerfull sentry thing, but it's gotta look sateampunk. I'm thinking something similar to T2's watcher/turret setup.
              ]V[]V[

Comment

Steampunk all the way, that was my plan exactly.
                With the sentry you'd have:

A: Whistlers to counter ghosting thieves.

B: The Sentry to counter DMing thieves.

And then offcourse the mines and caltrops which work great in either situation.
                Maybe some different kinds of mines? I was just thinking about two types of mines.

1: Explosive mine. Set's everything near it on fire when it goes off.

2: Concussive mine. Effect similar to being cracked, but less intense. Should make it hard for anyone who get's hit by the blast to use ranged or melee weapons effectively.

Both mines also do damage offcourse, allthough the damage should be equal with both types.

Comment

I do hope your talking about TvG here...

Comment

Originally posted by Master-Builder
                    I do hope your talking about TvG here...
                    I was talking about any mode.
                    Instead of being vague would you try to explain where I went wrong?

Comment

Nah... Nevermind... Just remember thieves are traps in themselves in Guild wars... Hiding in shadows and all that.

Comment

Originally posted by Master-Builder
                        Nah... Nevermind... Just remember thieves are traps in themselves in Guild wars... Hiding in shadows and all that.
                        Taken from Night-Blade.com

"The thieves must sneak and fight their way to victory, grabbing what loot they can, while protecting their own stashes"

I know people hate to be the dedicated guy that has to hang out at the base all the time, so I thought there should be traps to protect your loot. Plus the thieves had traps in Thievery - Thiefmatch didn't they? I had alot of fun with those, even as a thief.

Comment

I'm going to twist V12US's idea some.

You have your basic whistler.

Then you GIVE that whistler some of your personal arrows. It then does NOT detect thieves and glow, but shoots those bolts from its mouth. When its out of ammo, it reverts to glowy whistler. Someone would have to make sure it was kept full of ammo then.
                          Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
                          www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Originally posted by Garlisk
                            I'm going to twist V12US's idea some.

You have your basic whistler.

Then you GIVE that whistler some of your personal arrows. It then does NOT detect thieves and glow, but shoots those bolts from its mouth. When its out of ammo, it reverts to glowy whistler. Someone would have to make sure it was kept full of ammo then.
                            Sounds good, but do you think it should be able to move around or just face one direction? Maybe a tripod should fold out under the whistler and the mouth should open (to fire the bolts from). That way you could easily see the difference between the different types or modes.

Comment

Yeah, it should be easy to see the difference...

Maybe an armed turret one should spin on its base or something like its searching.

Or the tripod. Something, at least.
                              Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
                              www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Working...
                              X