Official Hold Breath button Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Hold Breath button Thread

This is the official post for a button that allows you to hold your breath giving you the ability to:

Increase aim.
    Go through crack type gasses, etc without the effect.
    Hold your breath underwater (rather than automatic).
    Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
    www.usyetzer.com

I second this.
    <-- Resident Nightblade suggestion attorney...

Comment

So what happens if you hold it too long or, say, jump in water and don't press it?

We can't implement these ideas if you don't give us full details....
      One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
      -
      The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Comment

I foresee many newbie deaths when you make it so that you have to manually hold your breath when diving. Maybe that should be an occasion where the game does it for you automattically? Seeing as I don't know many people who would let go of off that breathe button when underwater on purpose anyway.

It would be drawn from the same 'breath' bar though. So you wouldn't be able to take precise aim right after you emerge form the water, you'd have to recover first.

:::On another note:
        Once your breath runs out underwater you die. No wimpy take damage every second crap, just drown the fucker. I've allways hated that with every game I played that had the healt drop when out of breath thing.

On land you suffocate, and underwater you just drown. Teaches people to be carefull with their breath.

Finally a feature to make those Breathing potions a little more usefull (if they're still in offcourse).

Comment

It would be cool to see a crack arrow effect if you run out of breath. I'm not sure about underwater tho. That might be too hard.

Comment

Water should be auto, on second thought...

HOld the button too long, breath runs out...you KO yourself.
            www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Yeah. And no crack effect, just a blackout. You ever seen anyone on the street who's addicted to holding their breath?
              ]V[]V[

Comment

Also, there shouldn't be a bubble meter or anything on how much breath you have...You should have to get a "feel" for how long you can hold it.
                www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Originally posted by Garlisk
                  Also, there shouldn't be a bubble meter or anything on how much breath you have...You should have to get a "feel" for how long you can hold it.
                  That would suck if you die immediately upon running out of breath, as V12US suggested.

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                    That would suck if you die immediately upon running out of breath, as V12US suggested.
                    Jeah, I think that the suggestion of your aiming reticle getting smaller would work best. It starts as a circle and shrinks to a mere dot, and when it dissapears, it means you suffocated and died.

Comment

I don't agree that you should die immediately. I think you should die faster than in TUT, but not right away. On someone with 100 max health, it should be like 33 HP per second...

Maybe the screen could fade black slightly as your breath runs out, right before you take damage.
                      www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Maybe the screen could fade black slightly as your breath runs out, right before you take damage.
                        This would be cool. After your aim is perfect, the screen will slowly fade out until its completely black and then you die instantly.

Comment

Yep, that'd be pretty cool!
                          www.usyetzer.com

Comment

how about you pass out your body drops just like if you died and you float over you body for a second then start to come around breathing heavily cause you can kill your self on land holding your breath you pass out not die
                            An open mind is like a fortress, with its gates unbarred and and guarded

Comment

Originally posted by assassin
                              how about you pass out your body drops just like if you died and you float over you body for a second then start to come around breathing heavily cause you can kill your self on land holding your breath you pass out not die
                              Use punctuation. Then, use english.
                              The only constant is change.
                              (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Working...
                              X