Stamina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stamina

I thought; with the new engine and all, another idea could be used. Instead of (or perhaps with) speed potions, people can move faster by using some of a stamina gauge. It would go down when you use it to run, and go up when walking/crawling or staying still (moreso when still).

Anybody like?

no

Comment

Nah... give the guy who's just finished his run and hid in the shadows a chance already.
      JM

Comment

i would have to led a revault
        "When it is difficult to put someone to the sword with one hand, by all means kill him with two hands"
        Miyamoto Musashi

Comment

I would have to STABYOUINTHEEYE if that suggestion was ever implemented. I'm finding a little difficult to put into words the exact reason I find the idea so unsettling - part of it is that I don't like arbitrary restrictions placed on my movement in-game, some of it is that anything that slows movement down and makes it painful to move about can only turn people off a game.

The rest is just: NO.
          Immortius' Forge

Comment

I'm not sure you understand.... you would move normal speed normally, and have a key to trigger 'stamina' mode, making you run faster. No real restrictions on moving or making it hard to move... just give a little boost for a short time when you press the key... in other words, a speed potion that replenishes when you aren't using it.

Comment

Originally posted by Master-Builder
              no

Comment

erh... Postcount +1

Comment

Originally posted by Zidane
                  I'm not sure you understand.... you would move normal speed normally, and have a key to trigger 'stamina' mode, making you run faster. No real restrictions on moving or making it hard to move... just give a little boost for a short time when you press the key... in other words, a speed potion that replenishes when you aren't using it.
                  That's one view of it, but from another perspective you move full speed when you use the stamina key, and slower the rest of the time. The cup half-full/half-empty thing.
                  Immortius' Forge

Comment

Working...
                  X